Chapter 13

"I just don't see it," I said, twisting and turning in front of the mirror. "It's too poofy."

        "All right," Deliah said, and she gently pushed me back into the changing room. "Try this one," she said and she tossed a skimpy piece of fabric at me.

        I held the dress up to the light and immediately knew this wasn't the dress for my wedding. I tossed it back over the door. "It's not right either," I explained when she questioned my decision.

        Deliah sighed and muttered, "Fine. I'll find another one." Suddenly, an idea dawned on her. "What are you looking for in a wedding dress?" she asked, and I smiled.

        "I want it to look kind of traditional but not too much so. I want it to be unique and totally me. And I want sleeves and it to fall down to my feet. I don't care what color it is, but remember that I still want it to look kind of traditional. Do you have anything like that?" I was panting at the end of my little rant, and I could tell that Deliah was smiling.

        "As a matter of fact, I actually do," she said, and I smiled.

        "Great! I'll try it on," I exclaimed happily, pulling off the poofy dress that she'd had me try on earlier.

        "All right," Deliah said, and I heard her rummaging around in the storage room, where she kept all of her dresses.

        'I still don't understand why you're going to go through with this. We don't love Preston; we love Will,' my wolf pointed out dryly as I peeled the thick fabric away from my skin.

        'I would feel guilty if I just left without doing something for him,' I replied, and my wolf scoffed.

        'You're too nice. If you want to do something for him, then just help him find his mate or something,' she said, and it was my turn to scoff.

        'He said that he loves us, so that's how we're going to repay him,' I said, and my wolf snarled.

        'I will take control and find Will,' she threatened, and I snickered.

        'You wouldn't dare. You know the same that I do that you feel that same obligation to Preston. Preston wants this, so we have to do it for him,' I pointed out, and my wolf whined, knowing that what I said was the truth.

        'Fine,' she whimpered before she disappeared from my mind.

        "I'm back!" Deliah exclaimed cheerfully, and I flinched, too distracted by my recent arguement with my wolf to have heard her approach.

        I turned around and laid the dress I'd taken off over the top of the door and watched as she yanked it down, replacing it with an elegant dress that caught my attention the moment I caught sight of it. I pulled it down and examined it.

        It was made of a mixture of silk and lace with sleeves made of thin, see-through lace. There were swirling patterns and designs on the top part and skirt. The top part was warm-looking with thousands of tiny patterns. (dress to the side >>>) All in all, it was gorgeous. I didn't even need to try it on; I already knew it was the perfect dress for my wedding.

        "I love it!" I exclaimed, placing it over the top of the door. "Can you wrap it up for me please?"

        "Sure!" Deliah exclaimed, and I heard her footsteps walking away before I started pulling my clothes on.

        My outfit wasn't anything too spectacular, seeing as how my style hadn't really changed. (link to the side = her outfit) But, hey, I still looked fabulous. Absolutely faaaa-buuuu-looouus! Oh, just joking. ^-^

        I pushed the door open and walked out, absentmindedly braiding my hair as I walked. Mere seconds later, Deliah zoomed to my side, holding out a white cloth bag that I knew held my wedding dress. I grabbed it and smiled at her, saying, "Thanks, Deliah."

        "No problem, Luna," Deliah said, winking at me.

        I blushed and swatted at her. "Seriously?" I asked her, grimacing at her. "I'm not Luna."

        "Not yet, at least," Deliah corrected me cheerfully, wrapping me up in a hug. "I can't wait to go to your wedding! I'm invited, right?"

        "Of course," I said, shocked and kind of insulted she would even feel the need to ask that question. "Why wouldn't I invite one of my best friends to the day every girl dreams of?"

        Deliah giggled and hugged me tightly, whispering, "I don't know. I was just kind of frightened."

        "Don't be," I whispered in reply, hugging her back just as tightly, if not more so. "I would never, ever, ever, ever leave you behind. I don't leave people I love behind."

        'Then what do you call what you're doing to Will?' my wolf asked, but I just brushed her snide remark off.

        'Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about,' I said, giving her a mental sneer.

        'And neither do you, Ella. Oh, and just one more thing,' she added, giving me her own sneer, 'you're awfully quick to get engaged, considering you claim you're still 'trying' to get over Alex.'

        With that, she disappeared from my head, leaving me with tears threatening to break through. I buried my face in Deliah's neck and tried my very best not to burst into tears.

        As much as I didn't want to admit it, my wolf had a point, and that's what scared me the most.