Chapter Three: Important Discussions

"Don't let my father get into your head," Rafaella said with a sigh, she was a little surprised to hear from Valeria especially with everything that was going on right now. 

However, she was happy that her boyfriend's girlfriend felt comfortable enough to speak to her on such issues when she wasn't comfortable doing so with Neymar. 

Valeria was good for her brother and Rafaella knew that Neymar needed someone to ground him; their father was a yes man and would do anything to please him because of it. 

The last thing that Neymar needed was a swollen head because people were telling him what they thought that he wanted to hear; he needed someone to keep him grounded and focused. 

"And don't worry about my brother, he'll understand about you wanting to remain in Barcelona for a little longer," Rafaella continued knowing that Valeria was still listening, it would be stupid of her brother if he hadn't considered the fact that Valeria loved her job. 

It was rather sudden especially since he hadn't even told her that he wanted to leave Barca to expect her to just up and leave in a matter of days. 

"I know. I just worry that your father might have something up his sleeve," Valeria mumbled feeling rather silly, she was sure that anyone else would have laughed at her for saying it but Rafaella had become a good friend to her since she had started dating Neymar. 

She didn't trust Neymar's father for a moment not to spin things against her when she returned to Barcelona; she didn't want to worry about her relationship all the time when she did return home. 

"Ney would never forgive him if he did," Rafaella insisted, she was sure of that and had even warned her brother that he would be a complete fool to let Valeria slip through his fingers. 

Valeria was amazing and Rafaella doubted that he would find anyone better suited for him and that could keep him ground when he was flying so high. 

Smiling at her words, Valeria hoped that Rafaella was right especially with the sudden presence of Bruna; she couldn't help but fell unprepared for Neymar's ex-girlfriend hanging around and not sure what to make of her. 

She knew it was silly, but Bruna was from Neymar's world while Valeria was just like everybody else; she often felt that she was out of place when she was stood at Neymar's side.

"Listen I have to go... but promise me that you'll talk to Neymar about this, don't leave it too long," Rafaella said apologetically, she understood that Valeria didn't want to rock the boat when Neymar is happy. 

However, it would only make things worse eventually and Neymar would only be upset that she felt the need to panda to him because she didn't want to hurt his feelings. 

If there was something that Rafaella loved about her brother was his ability to understand that not everyone was comfortable in the situations that he seemed to find himself. 

He knew that his rise in profile was not something that would come easily for everyone, he had been a nobody at the start of his career and now everyone knew his name. 

 "I promise," Valeria replied leaning back on the hotel couch, she stared up at the ceiling doubting that she would say anything today and she wanted nothing more than to ease into it when she was ready. 

Getting off the phone with Rafaella, Valeria pondered her next move as she stretched; she had been on her own most of the day since Neymar had things that needed to be done. 

Looking around the hotel suite, Valeria couldn't imagine how much it was costing to stay here a night; it was a fancy hotel and she doubted that the club would wanting Neymar staying here for long.