Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ali flopped down on the ground with a groan. She was exhausted and there was a certain good-looking werewolf to blame.

“I thought you said Day 2 would be easier?” she complained up at him. Damien was standing above her smiling like he thought something was funny.

Yeah, it wouldn’t be funny if Ali were to reach up and kick him in that gorgeous face of his.

Who was she kidding? It probably would be funny to see her flail around upside down while she tried to make her fat, little legs reach up to his mile-high face.

“You might not feel it but it is getting slightly easier; day by day,” he replied and sat down next to her with his arms resting on his knees.

She looked over at him from where she lay. God, he was gorgeous. He was sweating just a little where his tan skin glistened in the rising sunlight. His raven colored hair was damp from sweat and morning dew and it curled at the ends right before it brushed his collar.

His dark eyes took in everything and his full, dark pink lips pursed while he thought about whatever Alphas thought about early in the morning when they were done torturing their out-of-shape mates.

Ever since she’d finally accepted him as her mate yesterday, Ali was amazed at how lucky she was. She’d never think in a million years that she’d score a guy like Damien; he was like a Greek god!

Right when she was about to express her feelings to him, a slim blonde jogged up to them. Ali couldn’t help the growl that escaped her throat.

“Damien, hi! What a coincidence seeing you here!” Vicky said, her extremely white teeth shining in the sunlight. As did her perfect blonde hair in its perfect high ponytail. Damn, the girl looked like her whole body was just glowing.

“Allison,” Vicky said coolly to her. Ali sneered, “Victoria.”

Vicky harrumphed at her and turned back to Damien, “I was just about to go for a run, would you like to join me?”

“Actually I just got done running with Ali, maybe next time,” he replied.

“Oh, was that what you were doing? I thought Ali was just naturally that sweaty.”

Ali’s growl intensified and Vicky had the nerve to look offended. “You dare growl at me, pup? I am four times your age!” she yelled.

Damien hopped to his feet and stepped in between an advancing Vicky and Ali. “I think you should leave now,” Damien said to her.

Vicky pouted, very attractively, and said in a disappointed voice, “Okay. I guess I’ll see you around.” But before she left she shot Ali a glare.

Damien watched as she jogged away, her blonde ponytail swinging back and forth perfectly, just like those girls in the movies.

Damien shook his head and sighed and turned to Ali. He squatted back down to her and said, “I’m sorry for her behavior. She normally isn’t this bad.”

“That’s an understatement and you know it,” came a voice from behind her.

Ali had to turn around to see Paul walking towards the couple. “I never did understand how you were the only one who couldn’t see just how evil she was.”

“For once I agree with Paul; out of all the females we have here you promised to marry Vicky?” this voice belonged to Rob as he appeared beside Paul.

“For two guys that hate each other so much, you two are quite inseparable,” Damien replied dryly.

Paul ignored Damien’s comment and grinned at Ali, “How’s my little wolf doing?”