CHAPTER FIVE - DON'T MAKE A SOUND (Part 1)

CHAPTER FIVE - DON’T MAKE A SOUND

(Part One)

<CLICK ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO AT THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THIS PAGE WHILST READING THIS CHAPTER TO ENHANCE THE EXPERIENCE>

Ripping the remains of the fairy’s wings off the beautiful being, the Lycan stopped and held up his nose. Sniffing the air and detecting an unknown scent, he stopped his meal and started searching for this mysterious aroma.

He ruffled through brushes, attempted to climb up the winding trees and ran to the nearby swamp to catch the intruder.

But he came back empty-handed. ‘Don’t say a thing…’ Ardan told Luan telepathically; she looked at him and blinked twice to confirm she heard him. Hovering above the treetops, they both settled onto a branch and watched the Lycan run off into the distance. ‘You could have been killed!’ Ardan complained as she broke down into a fit of tears.

He pulled her close to him and tried to soothe her. ‘I don’t think it’s true, Luan. They could have planted that picture on purpose to slow us down. Don’t let them do this to you. Just concentrate on sticking with us to get out of here, so you can see your family alive and well,’ he said as he stroked her hair.

His affection seemed to calm her down and they jumped down from the tree, at which she resolved to continue on with the hope the announcement was false. As she flew down from the branch, she failed to see the collection of wooden logs beneath the tree, and fell onto them.

Creating a loud bang, they both looked around to see if the noise had alerted anyone.

A pounding came from the distance, complete with growls and scrapping and they knew they needed to get away from that area immediately. But it was too late.

Luan turned to run, however the Lycan - which now had its paws wrapped around her waist - had other ideas. ‘Now this is tricky, isn’t it? Do you run and leave her to be my dessert? Or do you take your chances and try to get her from me? Which will it be?’ the Lycan taunted as Ardan contemplated his options.

The Lycan inhaled Luan’s fear as she fought to get away. ‘There really is only one option…’ Ardan stood strong in front of the confident Lycan, ready for war.

The Lycan chuckled at his bravery and threw Luan to one side like a ragdoll, ending her flight as she crashed into a tree, bringing it down. The falling bark just missed her shivering body, for she had rolled out of the way to avoid being crushed.

With the two fighters now circling each other, the Lycan took the first swipe. Lunging at Ardan, who had to restrain his bite by grabbing his snapping jaw, the wild Lycan pinned him to the floor. Ardan scrambled to regain control over this vicious beast.

Rolling around the leafy open area, he threw the Lycan to one side and jumped to his feet whilst looking around for a weapon to help in his next attack.

Like an animal possessed, the Lycan ran at him with purpose, swinging his paws with his elongated nails extended, ready to turn his victim into carpaccio. But, just as the Lycan arrived at his target, Ardan bent over and threw him into a large boulder.

Thinking he had stunned the Lycan, he went to attend to Luan. ‘NO! LOOK BACK!’ she screamed as Ardan was lifted from his feet.

The Lycan held him by his throat as Luan tried to distract him with her strikes. She picked up a large branch and began to hit the Lycan in its back but this only succeeded in infuriating him - he tightened his grip on Ardan’s neck.

Luan then picked up a rock, but thought twice about striking the crazed Lycan as she saw the energy leaving Ardan’s dangling body. ‘You can’t kill him!’ she cried, as the Lycan snapped a wooden log and tore at it with razor blade teeth.

He moulded it into a stake and held it to Ardan’s chest.

Did you enjoy this chapter? If so, please show your support for this author by VOTING for this story or leave a COMMENT to connect with me! Thanks everyone! :)

***If you cannot wait for me to update this story EVERY FRIDAY, the full book is available to purchase on Amazon, Smashwords, B&N, Kobo and iBooks***