Book Summary Rant!

-Book Summary Rant-

So the other day when I was searching through 'Undiscovered Gems' catagory, I came across this;

Bella has a twin sister named Amelia what!? And Amelia isn't human what will happen when Bella meets the Harry potter characters Charlie and Renee are witches but not Bella? Bella's shield not a power? Will she be with Edward or will be with someone else? Read and find out

(I did not write that at all, all rights go to the author. Have to put this because of copyright reasons.)

Okay, first of all, has this girl ever heard of punctuation? Come on, I KNOW that she can do better...is it too much to ask for someone to go back and add at least a PERIOD? This girl has potential, the idea of it would seem awesome to Twilight/ Harry Potter fans, but she won't be taken seriously if she doesn't fix it.

I didn't read the story, but I'm assuming the rest of her writing is pretty much the same...but anyways, though the summary already isn't strong enough to pull me in, here would be the grammatically correct way to put it:

Bella has a twin sister named Amelia! What?! And Amelia isn't human...what will happen when Bella meets the Harry Potter characters? Charlie and Renee are witches, but not Bella. Bella's shield is not a power? Will she be with Edward or someone else? Read and find out...

See? It's still pretty horrible, but at least people could take it a little more seriously than before...I mean, I would. But I wouldn't read it. Why, you ask? Because it just spoiled half of the plotline. It reavealed that Bella has a twin sister, that sister isn't human, they meet the Harry Potter characters, Charlie and Renee are witches, Bella is not a witch, and Bella's sheild is not a power (probably an autocorrect, but I had no idea what it meant anyways so...). It would be okay if it spoiled SOME of those, because they introduce conflict and such, but the only real question I care about now is if Bella will end up with Edward or not, which she obviously will.

Maybe she should have just introduced that Bella could have a twin sister, and that Harry Potter characters come in at one point. That would be a little more interesting, because I would be asking what Twighlight and Harry Potter have to do with eachother.

Oh, and another thing; she calls the characters from Harry Potter 'characters'. No. No, no, no. In your story, those 'characters' are REAL. So they aren't called 'characters'. A better way to put it would have been; Harry Potter and his friends. See? Wouldn't that have made more sense?

Let's summarize this rant on summaries.

Tip One: When writing a summary for your story, always use proper grammer. Otherwise, no one will take you seriously!

Tip Two: NEVER spoil the book in a summary. Reveal as little as possible of the plot, and leave the reader with questions.

Tip Three: Your characters are as real to your readers as yourself, never refer to them in their own story as 'characters'. It destroys the illusion.

Oh well, that's all I have for today, my fellow wattpadders, hope my opinion helped with writing your summary!

LOL (lots of love)

Elsa