Chapter 3: Waking Up

Chapter 3:

Waking Up

   The next morning, I awoke to something strange. “Hmmm…” Mumbled a girl’s voice. I was still asleep in a bed which I couldn’t remember getting into last night. My vision was fuzzy and the only thing I remembered was Shiki showing me around, Kaname meeting up with us and then me just ending up here… Where was I anyway?

   “Huh,” I said slowly opening my eyes to see a teenage girl standing over me. I stared at her too. “Who are you?” I asked her, my eyes slowly closing again. I was so sleepy…

   “I’m you’re roommate, pleased to meet you by the way.” She turned around and walked over to a cupboard in the corner of the room. “I’m Asuna, and I shall be your new friend,” I sat up slowly now to see her properly. My hair falling over my shoulders, I keep it out and straight rather than folded over while I sleep. She was short in height but cute in the face. Her medium length, silky, blonde hair framed her nicely shaped cheekbones and her smile would charm any boy I’d know. She was very pretty.

   “OK, nice to meet you then. I’m Yuna,” I said reaching my hand out to shake hers. She smiled and ran to my bed. She grabbed my hand and shook it gently. I think I’ll get along with this girl, I thought to myself.

   “Oh, by the way, your suitcase was brought up here by the head master in the middle of the night—”

   “Oh, sorry about that!” I interrupted her. “I got here a little late.”

   “Nah its fine! After all, I got to stand next to Senri, Shiki! He was carrying you in his arms! You’re SO lucky! I nearly got a picture of him but I was just a little too late!” My eyes widened and I opened my mouth to speak but she continued once again. “Here are your clothes for school; your uniform and shoes, all that stuff OK?”

   I looked at my uniform. It was black, outlined in white with a red ribbon—the exact opposite of Shiki’s and Kaname’s uniform.

   “Um,” I began confused, “Why is our uniform different to Shiki’s?” I asked her. She lifted up my shoes and stared at them.

   “They’re from the night class right? We’re from the day class so we get different uniforms.” She grimaced at me and put my shoes next to my bed. “You better get up now though; otherwise we’ll be late to class!” She slapped my leg lightly and skipped into the bathroom connected to the bedroom. I nodded and swung my legs off the bed. I picked up my uniform and looked at it for a moment. I then stood up and was about to strip off until I heard someone scream from outside. I dropped my clothes and rushed to the door. What was happening?

   “Yuna! What’s happening?” Asuna cried rushing to my side. I quickly opened the door to see a whole heap of girls running down the hallway. I glanced around the corner and saw a very tall boy in his PJ’s walking up the hall. I gasped as he came and stood next to my door. “Oh my God…”

   “Yamazaki, you appeared to have dropped this last night. I came to return it.” Shiki said standing in front of me. He pushed out his hand and opened it. I gazed upon my mother’s necklace and I slapped my head.