Chapter 9: First Day on the Job!

Chapter 9:

First Day on the Job!

   I glanced at my wrist watch, “C’mon,” I mumbled to myself, “Hurry up and ring.” I wanted the bell to ring. It was my first day on the Disciplinary Committee and I was actually really excited. I would be able to see Shiki a lot more and maybe even try to get Takuma and Asuna together. It was very exciting to think about.

   It took its bloody time, but it did ring eventually. I stood up quickly and packed up my things. Asuna looked at me suspiciously. “Well you’re eager to see the night class boys aren’t you?” She said.

   I nodded but then shook my head, “Yes and no. My first day on the job remember? I’m with the Disciplinary Committee now and I’m excited.”

   Asuna frowned, “Oh yeah, that’s right.” She shrugged and packed her things into her suit case. “Right, let’s go.”

   I glanced around restlessly first of all, “Hey, where’s Yuuki?” I asked Asuna worried.

   She grinned, “Yuuki left a few moments ago. She packs up early.” I sighed and quickly skipped out into the hallway.

   “Dammit! I should’ve known!” I cried and ran down the hall and into the courtyard.

Once I arrived at the gates to the night class students’ dorms, a long line of girls was already there. I gasped and pushed through all of them to stand next to Yuuki. “Hey, so what do I do?” I asked her as she blew a whistle and pushed a few girls backward.

   “Just do what I do, try and stop them from getting anywhere near the night class students, OK? Oh and here’s your Disciplinary Committee slip,” She handed me a white, circular slip with a large red symbol. “That shows you’re in the Disciplinary Committee, you put it around your arm like so.” Yuuki took off hers and pulled it back up her arm. I nodded and did the same as her.

   “Thanks Yuuki.” I thanked her with a smile and took a spot to where there were screaming girls. I noticed Jewels was not here… probably still suspended I assume. That’s good.

   “Yuuki, we know why you’re doing this; you just want the night class student all to yourself!” One girl said grabbing at her arm.

   “Yeah,” Another agreed, “And that girl there is probably only here to get closer to the night class students too. She’s going to use the Disciplinary Committee for that exact reason. That’s why they don’t hire very many people.” All the girls started nodding in agreement to that girl.

   “And you know what,” I began in a deep voice. I turned to face them and walked slowly toward them, “The reason why they hired me was because they could trust me with a job like this. I don’t freak out and scream and annoy the night class students, I can actually face one and not faint with joy. I’d rather not have this job right now but seriously, you losers need to stay back. Also, I’m stronger than that ‘Jewels’ girl so if you’re scared of her, be terrified of me ‘cos I’m not going to let you off easily if I catch you doing crap around here.” I finished and nodded off toward another group of girls to restrain. Yuuki started clapping.

   “Yep! And that’s why we hired you!”

   I sighed deeply… they also wouldn’t let anyone take this job… unless they knew the truth about the night class students and how they’re all Vampires. That wouldn’t go down well at all.

   As the crowds got larger in size, I found coping with these girls a struggle. A very hard task. They were pushing and shoving and Yuuki looked as though she would fall down. Zero on the other hand wasn’t even there. Where the hell was he?