Chapter 8: Hospital Visit/Hazel Lays Down the Law

If there is one thing I can say it’s that my life is not boring. Currently I was in the hospital with an angry Rosalie, a worries Edward, and a stressed out Carlisle (even though he was trying to hide it). We were in the hallway next to the giant windows showing the terribly gloomy weather that matched the mood.

“You could have exposed us,” Rosalie almost screamed crossing her arms over her chest to keep from swinging at him.

“But I didn’t nobody saw me, okay,” Edward retorted with a snort.

“This isn’t just about you, it’s about all of us-”

“Let’s take this in my office,” Carlisle interjected in a calming tone seeing Isabella eavesdropping on our conversation. Rosalie’s nostrils flared as her eyes narrowed dangerously before following Carlisle. I put a hand on Edward’s arm squeezing it in reassurance and then heading to Carlisle’s office.

~Edward’s Point of View~

After Rosalie’s air of hostility and negative thought left I forced myself to relax as Isabella, or should I say her Bella, walked over.

“Can I talk to you for a moment,” she asked; I nodded letting her continue, “How did you get over to me so quickly?” I tensed trying to keep the shock from registering on my face.

“I was standing right next to you,” I lied smoothly.

“You were next to your car, across the lot,” she insisted. My face hardened as I stepped closer trying to read her mind, “No, I wasn’t.”

“Yes. You were,” she mirrored me.

“You’re confused. You hit your head.”

“I know what I saw,” she snapped finally.

“And what, exactly, was that?”

“You stopped that van,” she paused trying to gather her scattered thoughts.

“No one will believe that,” I shot back defensively.

“I wasn’t planning to tell anyone,” she said softly.

“Shit,” I thought, the tension weighing down on me as I realized how close we were.

“I just want to know the truth,” she implored speaking to me as if she was trying to calm a wild animal.

“Can’t you just thank me and get over it,” I said before I could stop myself.

“Thank you,” she whispered.

“You’re not going to let this go, are you,” I asked with a sigh.

“No.” Rolling my eyes I turned and started to walk away before I said anything else I regretted, “Then I hope you enjoy disappointment.”

“Why did you even bother,” she called after me causing me to stop.

“I don’t know,” I lied thinking about Alice’s vision. Not giving her a chance to ask any more questions I walked away.

~Hazel’s Point of View (A few Moments Earlier)~

Leaving Edward alone with Isabella didn’t sit right with me and I had half a mind to turn around and eavesdrop as I made my way to Carlisle’s office.

“Rosalie we support each other’s decisions, and need I remind you that Edward has moved for you, without complaint, before,” Carlisle’s strong voice greeted me as I slipped into the spacious office. Why do I feel like I’m missing something? I thought as I closed the door behind myself looking between the two. I could tell that if she was human Rosalie’s face would be red with rage. Trying to douse the fire I stepped in the middle of the battle field.