Chapter 3: The Many of Firsts Part 2

The day I had been dreading had come. It was like the apocalypse and the never ending feeling of doom loomed over me. My hands fumbled with the end of my blue shirt.

“Everything’s going to be fine Hazel. The kids and I will be with you and so will the Quileutes,” Carlisle reassured me as I looked at him and myself in the floor length mirror that was in his room. Turning around in his arms I wrapped my own around his waist, laying my head on his chest and breathing in his icy scent.

“I’m so scared,” I whispered in reply.

“Don’t be,” he said taking my face into his cold hands, “Hey, I got your back... now get your shoes on. You don’t want to be late.” He pecked my lips before letting me go. I let out a sigh, picking up my black heels and sitting on the edge of the bed to lace them up on my feet. Once I finished, I made my way downstairs. Carlisle had my blazer out and held it for me as I put it on.

“Mom, are you going to be okay?” Jasper asked, taking my hand like a child.

“Yeah, don’t worry.” I force a smile, nodding.

~Third Person Point of View~

Hazel Green sighed nervously, wringing her hands as she sat on the left side of the courtroom. Her back was stiff, legs were crossed, and her body rigid.

“Are we late?” Harry, one of the Quileutes on good terms with the Cullens, asked Carlisle who sat on the first bench behind Hazel.

“No,” he cleared his throat standing so that the wolves could sit, “You’re actually early.” Accompanying Harry was his family, Billy Black and his son Jacob, Old Quil and his grandson Quil, and Samuel Uley.

“Thanks for coming,” Jesse Green said to the newcomers.

“Who are you?” Harry questioned politely, taking his seat beside Carlisle and Jesse.

“Jesse Green, Hazel’s older brother,” Jesse smiled despite the situation, holding out a hand for the older man to shake.

“She’s told me a lot about you. Its nice to finally meet you but I wish it was under different circumstances,” Harry spoke quietly.

“Likewise,” he nodded. The sound of one of the side doors opening caught everyone’s attention. Hazel’s heart pounded painfully in her chest and she gripped her seat tightly, causing her knuckles to turn white upon seeing Vincent Green. He smirked, winking at her as he passed, knowing the effect he had on his young victim.

“All rise,” The Bailiff said, startling her. Once everyone stood he continued, “Department Five of the Supreme Court is now in session. The Honorable Judge Simmons presiding. Please be seated.” As they sat the Judge quickly glanced around the room before he spoke, “Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Calling the case of the State of Washington versus Vincent Green. Are both sides ready?”

“Ready for the State, Your Honor,” Hazel’s attorney Mr. Blake, a man in his late forties with a tall thin frame and chin length dark dark chestnut hair said.

“Ready for the defense, Your Honor,” a stoic woman who had black hair and cold blue grey eyes also replied.