Chapter 11

***** Saturday *****

I woke from a dreamless sleep punching the alarm clock off. swung my legs out and hopped out of bed walking to the bathroom to shower and get ready for the day. I jumped three feet into the air as my alarm clock turned on out of nowhere. " I know for a fact I did NOT hit snooze" 'plus that wasn't long enough for the snooze setting' i unplugged it... it took a second to fade out. "strange. maybe I broke it..." I ran my fingers through my (h/l/c) hair and turned back towards the bathroom proceeding with my routine.

****time skip****
9:30 pm
we were exiting the movie when (b/f/n) pulled my arm and pointed at a man she whispered to me "go get him" i sighed my eyes shifting to mark at the concession stand. i gulped and walked up to him "hey, mark" he turned around and his eyes lit up upon seeing me. "hey! (y/n)! how have you been he opened his arms to hug me and i hugged him back without hesitation. "good actually" "that's great i was actually hoping i would see you here... i uh was hoping if it isn't too much trouble..."

his eyes left mine and found (b/f/n)'s she waved. i blushed i don't know why "whats up?" "oh yea.. i was hoping you would join me for a shake or lunch or something" he continued i blushed harder "yes i would love that we can do it tonight if you aren't busy." "yea sounds great did (b/f/n) want to come as well?" "huh? oh no you two are fine haha i have to study for an exam later girlie" she came up and hugged me and waved as she walked out me and mark slowly following.

'how much did she hear i didn't realize how quiet it was...' "so (y/n) your pick where would you like to go?" 'i thought for a second he seems to really like the shakes at my diner i could suggest it and see if he would prefer somewhere else' "umm who has the best milkshakes in town?" "haha that's easy you work there" we had reached his car he opened the passenger door for me.

once we settled in i had to ask him "so what movie did you go see?" "i stuck with a good horror flick (what ever...) what about you?" oh me and (b/f/n) watched (last movie you watched i guess)" we talked about the movies we had just seen our conversation enthrawling us until we reached the diner when we stepped in monika's eyes lit up with a sparkle

"oh (y/n) it's nice to see you even on your day off i'll take care of you two" she was one of my friends since high school and one of the managers. i'm guessing seeing me with mark got her thinking into it a little as she was treating us a little special. "alright here we are one chocolate shake and one (your flavor of choice) shake and here is the cake of the day" she brought us two slices it was a delicious slice of (preferred cake) "if you guys need anything else just give me a holler" she winked at me and trotted? away she literally looked like she was trotting ... i facepalmed knowing the harassment i would get for this later.

"is everything okay (y/n)?" "huh oh yea i just haven't seen Monika act like that before she is usually very reserved." "i see i'm sorry maybe your workplace wasn't the best choice" i shook my head "no no it's perfect i prefer our shakes over any other anyhow.. besides since i work here the employees tend to leave me alone till i call them" i smiled at him making him smile back.

(Dark's POV)
'god her smile it's so beautiful' i couldn't help myself but to smile back. "um Mark i uh actually..." she was stuttering.. "i was actually wondering if maybe.. you wanted to hang out with me more?" 'is she asking me out?' "yea i'd like that but first you have to tell me something." her face had brightened with a hint of pink on her cheeks "what i-is it?" i smiled harder "do you like me?" her face reddened considerably she looked down at her shake. i reached over the table placing my index finger under her chin i lightly forced her to look up at me.

"i will make it easier on you (y/n) i have taken a liking to you i just need to know if you feel the same" she nodded i removed my hand from her chin. 'this could be a better way that i can protect her from anti.' "then you won't mind me asking. (y/n) will you be my girlfriend?" her cheeks reached their limit and turned beet red. "yes." we finished our cake and shakes and talked. i had paid for the shakes Monika had left the cakes free. we were on our way to her home. "(y/n) when is your next day off?" "oh um Tuesday." "alright Tuesday be ready by 2 pm" "2?! what are we gonna be doing?" i laughed "it's a surprise."