Chapter 2

i just passed the gas station when i heard it.. the catcalls and wolf whistles. i walked faster but that only seemed to egg them on even more as they started to follow me. i looked over my shoulder four men were tailing me three up front and one a little ways back. then it happened a fifth appeared in front of me as i collided into him i screamed and fell backwards

"what a pretty little scream ya got there" "yea i wanna hear you scream some more" he started to touch my hair i closed my eyes tears falling from them i heard a whack "what the fuck who the fuck are you?" i then opened my eyes to see the man from the diner his eyes seemed to have a gleam of red. A growl came from one of them as they charged at him i watched in horror as this man from the diner took on three thugs all at once. one with a knife another with a bat and the last with his fists each of them fell in defeat at my savior's feet.

i was too shaken to say anything.. to do anything but cry. "i told you sweetheart you shouldn't walk alone this late." all i could do was nod as tears fell from my eyes one by one. he sighed "come on let's get ya home" he held his hand out to me. i hesitated but i grabbed it as he helped me up.. i could tell why he kicked their asses so easily. i sniffled "whats your name sir?" "just call me Mark sweetheart now before they get back up let's get you home." "Thank you so Much Mark" i hugged him tightly.

he patted my back, i let go and led the way talking with him but i got curious when we turned on my street "Mark... how did you know i was gonna be walking home and what street i took?" "like i said sweetheart just a hunch...I should be going soon...are we close?" "yes..Mark i thank you so much for what you have done for me tonight i am really grateful." "you're welcome." "well uh this is my home...umm did you wanna come in for a cup of coffee or something?" "Nah sweetheart i gotta go stay safe. okay?" "okay.."

he turned around and started to walk back the way we came. "Mark... Thank you." he turned halfway around "you're welcome sweetheart" he waved then continued walking. i locked my self inside my home fell against my door and started to cry overwhelmed by everything. after a few minutes, i decided maybe that cup of coffee would help.