Night Of Adventure

"I don't know if I like you or love you, want you or need you, all I know is I love the feeling I get when I'm near you."

~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night was surprisingly chilly.

Too bad I only had on a pair on shorts and a tank top, I probably should've thought to bring a jacket too. But as it was, I was already late. I checked my phone: 11:23. Shit.

Too late to turn back now, and with that in mind I hurried on, the urge to see Hunter over-ruling any sort of complication I could possibly have. I speed walked to the front of my apartment complex, opening and closing the gate latch with shaky, unsteady hands. How unattractive was that, right? If I had the extra time, I would've taken a moment to sit and calm down my racing heartbeat and quivering body.

I was anxious to see what the night held in store for me.

The big tree Hunter had told me about was a few feet away from the main office, but fortunately it was more private and hidden at night. I finally reached it, only after nearly tripping over all the roots in the darkness. I sat down gently on the bench below the tree's outstretched branches, taking advantage of the moment of peace to take some deep breaths.

I thought Hunter would've been here by now, but I guess not. After about a minute, I checked my phone for any messages from him. Finding none, I slumped down and brought my knees close to my stomach to cuddle them to my body, which helped keep me slightly warmer.

Now I got to thinking about where he could be. Odds are he got caught sneaking out or had truck problems, gosh I hope he wasn't stuck on the side of the road or something.....

A huge thump sound came from behind me and the bench, and I quite literally jumped out of my skin. I grabbed my phone and shined the screen's light downwards, where I found Hunter looking up at me from the ground. Before I could ask him what the hell he was doing, he said:

"Um, yeah. See, I was trying to scare you by sneeking up behind you, but I tripped on the roots and kind of...fell instead."

I burst out laughing.

He gave me a fake frown, but soon a smile spread across his face. He pulled me down by the arms, making me stumble and fall on his rock-hard abs. Was I slobbering? I hope not.

I brought my face closer to his as our eyes connected. My body was shaking like a dog, but I could also feel a tremor of passion go through his body as well, and I knew he had to be feeling what I was. I closed my eyes as I slowly leaned forwards, waiting to feel the taste of his lips against my own.

I felt his hand gently cup my face, and I waited patiently for a kiss that never came.

I opened my eyes and looked down at him. His expression looked pained, like he wanted to kiss me but couldn't.

"Angel, I wanted our first kiss to be somewhere a bit more romantic, not just below some tree by where you live. I promise, we'll both get that kiss by tonight."

His words sent shivers down my spine.

"Are you taking me somewhere?" I asked him. He gave me a smirk.

"Yup. Just a little secret place I found the other day. You'll love it."

"Do I get a hint on where it is?"

"Nope! It's a surprise, you just have to promise you won't ask me how I came across it."

"Okay fine, I promise."