chapter 10

The loser group all went their ways through out the days in the summer. Rose was still with Bill, the two never lost any connection after that day.

Beverly sometimes talked with the two, aside from that she taught herself how to play piano.

Stanley had his bar mitzvah, however the only group member to go was Richie.

Mike worked at shooting the sheep with no complaints. Effortlessly and mindlessly with each new sheep came a new bullet.

Ben continued to spend his free time in the library by himself.

Eddie now sat alone in his house due to his mother banning him from seeing his friends. Currently he had the word 'L O S E R' written across his cast. Thanks to the generous bitch Gretta Keene.

Richie spent his time in the arcade playing street fighter and wasting his quarters.

One night, it was 3 a.m. Rose tossed and turned in her bed. She threw her bed sheets off her and grabbed her flipflops. She snuck out of her window and wondered down the streets of her neighborhood.

Rose made her way to Eddie's house and jumped over the fence into the backyard. She found the bottom window which was Eddie's room.

The light was on which confused her, she brought herself to lightly knocking on it. Eddie drew the curtain and had to do a double take when he saw Rose outside his window.

He walked over and let her in, wiping away a stray tear. Before he could ask what she wanted, she asked " why are you crying?" Keeping her voice down so his mom wouldnt hear.

"Oh no it's nothing." He sniffed.

Her eyes trailed to his cast to see the 'L O S E R' written in black sharpie. She signed as she gave Eddie a hug.

"I don't like not seeing you guys. You guys are like a family to me. And now I have this to remind me how pathetic I am. " He said.

"Well get through this Eddie. Listen to me Eds, you're one of the greatest guys I've ever met. If anyone tells you otherwise, you tell them to suck my dick." Eddie let out a small snort and nodded.

She tip toed to his desk and grabbed a red colored sharpie. She delicately held his arm with the cast on it and wrote a 'V' over the 'S' so now it said, 'L O V E R'

"I already know Greta fucking did this. But listen to me, you're not pathetic. You're no where near that. You're you and guess what? We love you the way you are." Rose smiled as she felt him but her tighter.

"Thank you so much Rose. Wait did I even ask why you came down here in the first place?" He chuckled.

"I just wanted to check in on you." Rose smiled and gave the boy another hug before saying goodnight and leaving through his window.
___________________________________
The next day Bill and Rose agreed to meet Beverly at the park at 2. They rode their bikes and waited by a bench for the redhead to arrive.

As time went on Rose nervously tapped her foot, worrying if Bev got caught up with her dad or the clown. Bill felt her leg shaking so he put his hand on her thigh to calm her down.

"It's 2:36, Bill we have to go to her place. Somethings not right." Rose anxiously bit her nail as he agreed. They got on their bikes again and made their way to her apartment.

Rose went to knock on the door, but it was already unlocked. Bill sent her a stare and held onto her hand.

They walked in, calling out her name. the 2 walked down the hall and looked into each room. They stopped in their tracks when they saw Beverlys dad lying there in a pool of blood.

Turning their heads to look into Beverlys room, the words 'You die if you try' were written in blood. Rose was quickly losing her breath as Bill grabbed her hand and dragged her out of there.

They biked across town to the arcade where Richie spends his time.

"Richie!" Rose called out. Eddie looked back annoyed. "What do you guys want?"

"See that guy im hitting? I'm pretending it's you Bill."

"Richie stop being a 5 year old and listen. It got Beverly." Rose spoke.

"What are you talking about?"

"It Richie. It got Beverly." Bill put the emphasis on 'it'.

Richie turned around and had a guilt look on his face. Eddie and Richie talked in the arcade while Rose went into a telephone booth and called Eddie.

"Eddie, it took Bev. It got her." Rose said before he could say hello.

"Okay." He drew the phone back to take a deep breath. "I'll meet you there."

She called Mike, Stanley and Ben and told them to meet at the 3 at the arcade. They all showed up and everyone biked their way to Neibolt street.

They pulled up to the house and began picking up loose spikes that were later across the lawn. Rose went to the side of the house and found a tattered baseball bat.

They all made their way into the house, not knowing what was about to happen. Little did they know Henry Bowers was watching them, plotting his revenge and ready to kill them.

They entered the dusty house once more. Rose noticed Stanley wasn't walking in, she turned around. "Stan?"

Everyone turned around and saw he was close to tears.

"Stan we a-all have to go. Be-b-Beverly was right. If we split up at last second that c-c-clown will kill us one by one. But if we stick-stick together, all of us, well win. I promise." Bill promised him.

The loser group crept their way down stairs.

"Hey Eddie, you got a quarter?" Richie asks.

"I wouldn't wanna make a wish in that fucking thing." Eddie shuddered.

Everyone used their flashlights to look down into the pit of the well, the darkness went on.

"Beverly?" Ben called down the well, his voice echoing in the abyss. No response.

"How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asked.

They grabbed a rope that was conveniently placed there with knots so it was easy to climb down. Mike yanked on it to make sure it was sturdy for all of them.

Bill took the lead and got onto the rope. He looked down and cringed, mumbling positive assurance to himself. Rose lightly rubbed his shoulder for good luck.

He made his way down slowly but surely, Eddie following, then Rose and so on. Mike was about to make his way down when Henry Bower struck him in the back with a metal pipe.

Everyone rushed to see what had happened but was shocked when they saw Henry with his face smeared with blood. He laughed menacingly and pulled the rope out of the well.

Richie, Rose, Ben, Eddie and Bill began calling Mike's name, begging for Henry to stop. Rose began to hyperventilate, until the scream left Henry's mouth.

They looked up to see Henry falling into the well, his body bouncing off both rocky sides.

"Holy shit!" Rose and Richie exclaimed together.

"Mike?!" Ben looked up to see if he was okay. "I'm okay. I'm okay." He assured them.

Rose turned around due to someone calling her name, the voice sounded like Stanley's. She noticed he wasn't there to she assumed he was lost.

She made her way out the small tube-like tunnel and walked towards his voice. Rose was led into a room with a fountain and a mountain of items.

Confused, she looked around spotting the body of one of her best friends Beverly floating in mid air. She cried out as she ran towards her, jumping trying to get a hold of her leg, yet she was too short to grab hold.

Stanley's voice called her name, she turned around to be face to face with it. She paused not knowing what to do. It gripped her shoulders tightly, opening it's mouth like a Venus fly trap.

Inside were three little bright lights, Rose stared into them, noticing her sight was beginning to blacken. She felt her feet being lifted of the ground as her entire body when into numbness.