chapter 1

A/N: This is a little prologue, it takes place in December, the school is having a winter dance.

Rose Joseph walked out of health class, with Richie Tozier and Bill Denbrough by her side. The speakers through out the school blared a loud buzzing noise as the assistant principal came on to talk.

"8th grade ladies and gentlemen don't forget tomorrow is the annual winter wonderland dance! Tickets will be sold at the door. Only $3 per person, reminder it is from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m."

Rose internally groaned as many of the girls around her began whispering excitedly about what they would wear or who they would bring as a date. Bill intertwined his fingers with hers, lightly swinging their arms back and forth.

"When are you guys just gonna make out already?" Richie bursts out of no where.

"S-s-sh-shut up Richie" Bill groaned as he felt heat rise up to his face.

The girl sighed, she was not a big fan of formal attractions. She wished Bill had asked her to go with him, but she was glad they would still hang out together.

"So we'll all meet in the gym once we get there?" Rose asked, making sure she didn't walk into the wrong room like she has done in the past.

The two nodded their heads as they all moved onto their next class together, history.

*time skip*

Rose watched as her mother eyes begin to water as the adult looked at her teenager in the dress she had picked out. Her mom is rarely home, she always travels for work, or is out with her work friends. Her dad isn't in the picture anymore, he passed away when the small family first moved to Derry.

Roxanne stepped back to take a look at her daughter, covering her mouth with her hands. She thought her baby looked beautiful, she wished Rose saw how amazing she is. Roxanne turned her around so she could see herself in the mirror.

"I look... pretty." Rose was stunned at the reflection staring back at her.

For once in her life, she felt happy with the way she looked.

"Come on hunny, lets get you to your friends

"Come on hunny, lets get you to your friends." Rose followed her mom out to the car.

Her heart began beating a bit faster than normal. The school was a 10 minute drive but to her it felt like an eternity. The two pulled up to the doors and her daughter gave her mom a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I love you mom, see you soon."

She arrived at the front door with her $3, handing it to one of the gym teachers who was lazily counted the money. They let her through and she made her way into the gymnasium. Rose was given many stares, but she kept her head high and resting bitch face on.

Her brown eyes darted around the gymnasium to find her best friends. She spotted a tall scrawny boy with small curls, and instantly knew it was one of her best friends, Stanley Uris. Next to him was Bill with his back facing her.