chapter 9

Side note: LOOK AT HOW RICHIE HOLDS EDDIE'S FACE SO HE WOULDN'T LOOK AT PENNYWISE. I'M CRYING THIS IS SO CUTE. ALSO LOOK AT HOW RICHIE STILL HOLDS HIS FACE AND RESTS HIS HAND ON HIS KNEE!!!

 ALSO LOOK AT HOW RICHIE STILL HOLDS HIS FACE AND RESTS HIS HAND ON HIS KNEE!!!

Bill and Rose rode their bikes up to the abandoned house on Neibolt. The two sat in silence the entire ride up there. Both of them dropped their bikes and connected their hands.

She looked down at their hands and thought of something. 'What if we don't make it out of here?' She flinched at the thought. Bill pulled her into a hug knowing what she was thinking about.

"Hey, listen to me. It's gonna be okay. You're going to be safe." Bill promised.

She gave a small nod, a stray tear dipped onto her cheek. Bill held her face and gently caressed the tear away with his thumb. He pulled her in close and gave her a kiss on the head.

Together they walked up to the gates as the rest of the group caught up to them. Bill began to practice this saying to try to calm his nerves down.

"H-h-he thrusts h-his f-f-fists against the p-p-posts and still insists he sees the g-g-ghosts."

His face was calm but on the inside he was terrified. Yet he knew he needed to do this.

"Rose. Bill! You guys can't go in there." Beverly begged.

"This is crazy!" She tried to reason with them.

"Look you dont have to come in with me. But what happens when another Gerogie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it didn't happen? Like everyone else in this town? Because I can't." Bills voice cracked at the end.

"I go home and all I see is how Georgie isn't there anymore. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals but he isn't. So walking into this house for me, is easier than walking into my own."

Bill laced his fingers with Roses as she pulled him into a hug, he snuggled his face into her neck and let out a quiet sob. She tucked her face into his hair and ran her fingers through it.

"Wow." Richie stood there mesmerized.

"What?" Eddie asked.

"He didn't stutter once." Richie spoke.

Bill and Rose made their way to the front door, still hand in hand. Richie began to go up the creepy steps until Stanley interrupted. "Wait!"

The group looked back at the curly haired boy.

"Um, shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know, just incase something bad happens?" Stanley looked at Mike, his eyes pleading for him to back him up, but Mike just looked away.

"Who w-w-wants to stay out here?" Bill asked as his hand fidgeted on the door knob.

Everyone but Bill, Rose and Beverly had raised their hands.