Chapter one.

“Keep your eyes on the road, Matt.” I said.

“I want to hear you say it again.” I glared at him, trying my best to hide the smile that was playing its way to my lips.

 “I am not going to say it every 10 minutes, so just forget about it already.”

 “It’s not every 10 minutes. You said it for the first and only time last night.” He defended.

 “Ew, don’t say it like that, you make it sound like we did…You know what…” I said making a weird face.

 “Why so disgusted, it’s human nature…And don’t change the subject, I want to hear it again, please.” He said using a puppy dog face.

 That was when I remembered that we were still in a car and about a hundred and fifteen miles an hour.

 “Fine, I love you. Just keep your eyes on the road; I am too young to die.” I snapped.

 “Now was that so hard?” He teased. I just glared at him in return.  He could be the sweetest, most understandable, thoughtful and caring boyfriend sometimes. But he also could be the most perverted jerk on the planet, and gets on my nerves so easily. But I still somehow manage to love him back.          

I smiled at that thought .

.

.

.

 The next thing I know, I am lying on some hospital bed with a terrible aching body. The worst part is: surrounded by a bunch of strangers.

 “Come on honey, wake up.” I heard a woman’s voice say.

 “Give her some time sweetheart, she’ll wake up.” A man’s voice reasured.

 I tried really hard to make out whose voices they were, but failed miserably. With the horrible headache and pain in my whole body, I couldn’t think properly. How did I even get here? Where did this exhaustion come from? I was just fine earlier in the car. Or was that yesterday? How long have I been asleep?

 I could tell I was in a hospital room. The smell and moisture in these places will never change. 

 I made a big effort trying to open my eyes, and still couldn’t. All the voices around me were now mixed and incomprehensible. They kept getting louder and louder until I couldn’t take it anymore. And the throbbing headache worsened. I tried opening my mouth to say something to stop the noises, or open my eyes and at least glare at these people, but once again, failed.

 Beeping, chatting, crying, sounds of cars passing by…everywhere, there were noises of anything that could annoy the heck out of you. I heard someone call my name, but couldn’t tell whose voice it was.

 “Amber, open your eyes.”  Called the same voice again.

 I opened my eyes, to find myself in a deserted ground. No grass, no trees, no people and -thank god- no more noises.

 “Where am I?” I asked.

Silence.

 “Is anybody there? Hello!” I repeated. But nothing came out and no one answered.

 “Come on! I know you’re somewhere in here. I heard you call my name, and I am sure I am not crazy.” I repeated.

 I heard a laugh, that I would never mistaken with any other one.

 “Matt, is that you? Where are you?” I asked.

 “I am right here.” He whispered  behind me.