Chapter 7

"BANG!"

The sound of a gunshot pierced the apartment.

Immediately, I felt my blood draining, starting from my fingers, up my arms and eventually my body. My hands turned ice cold and began shaking even more vigorously than before. I clasped my hands together and held them tight with all the strength left in my feeble body. All my senses were tingling at once, my stomach churning.

No way. This is all fake. It's...It's a lie.

Except, it wasn't.

Four armed men dressed in military gear walked out of the bedroom, each carrying one of taehyung's limbs, allowing his body to dangle in mid-air. Blood could be seen dyeing Taehyung's shirt red.

My breath was hitched in my throat, and I slapped a hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming. All my hopes were dashed right then and there, with dread climbing up my stomach again, invoking feelings of regurgitation. Feeling my eyes burning up, I forced myself to continue watching.

The words "SWAT" clearly labelled the armoured men's backs in white as they carried the unconscious, lifeless taehyung out the front door.

As the men shuffled out of the apartment and the sound of their footsteps began to grow fainter, I left my hiding spot weakly, almost falling over as I reached the bathroom to puke my guts out. My eyes glazed over and I started to fight the urge to pass out as the weight above my eyes became overbearing.

Giving myself a couple of minutes to orientate my senses, I slowly stalked towards the computer to find out more.

After a couple of hours of painfully scouring the web, I found out that taehyung was to be held at the Mokpo Police Station for the time being and will be transferred to a detention center for his trial and possible imprisonment.

"...the suspect, Kim Tae Hyung was also injured in the process of his capture as he showed signs of noncompliance. Thus, the hospital housing the suspect will be under police supervision 24/7, with the police using their absolute ability to ensure the safety of other patients and citizens."

That means... there's no way for me to reach taehyung. The hospital is on police lock-down... I don't have enough money for a lawyer too. Shit, shit, SHIT! I can't even see him...let alone help him.

Cursing myself for my uselessness, I guarded by the laptop and the television, constantly awaiting fresh news regarding taehyung.

A week passes and there is little news regarding taehyung's case. It seems as though the world forgotten about him and everyone continued their lives as per normal, merely thinking about him in passing thought for a couple of days after his arrest.

Except me.

With each passing day, my sense of worthlessness began building up. I claimed to be his friend but I can do nothing at all in his time of need. What kind of friend is that really? The answer: a really shitty person not worthy of his friendship.

Hwasa, realising my absence from school, visited me.

Realising that the only way to help taehyung was not to keep everything to myself but instead asking for help, I revealed every last detail.

As I spilled the truth, I could see the changing emotions sprayed across hwasa's face, from bewildered to confusion, anger next and lastly understanding. (but still pretty angry)

"OK. So clearly taehyung is extremely important to you and you didn't even tell me about this new character in your life, how could you, but anyways, youre telling me you want to get him out of jail? Are you insane? Out of your mind?"