Chapter 2

CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YA JUNG WHEEIN IT WAS A CASUAL COMMENT. DONT GET SO WORKED OUT OVER NOTHING. I repeated in my mind countless times as I hopelessly try to calm my heart which was beating at 100bps.

It's okay, just breathe in and...out. "Fwoohh, " as I let out a huge breath, momentarily calming my raging heart. 

"Ya, you okay?" Taehyung asked, laced with concern. "It was just an arm sling, I didn't think it was such a big deal. Sorry if I crossed your personal boundaries." He said with a slight frown.

"NO, not at all. I mean, I was tired and just too wired right now. Let's get some food okay? This cafeteria's food is pretty good!"  I semi-lied, trying to seem nonchalant. 

"Oh yeah? Let's hurry then!! I'm famished!" Taehyung said eagerly while spontaneously grabbing my wrist.

I simply nodded my head, unable to comprehend everything that is happening right now. Ok Jung Whee In, it simply doesn't matter to him! Something like a hug is merely a greeting, don't get so worked up and look like an idiot! Repeating this mantra in my mind, we spent the next hour over dinner and parted our ways, with me barely absorbing anything taehyung said over dinner and just drowning in my emotions and self-berates.

After that one evening with taehyung, I just couldn't concentrate well on my other studies and desperately wanted to see him again, even though I'm clearly the only one enjoying his company. However, over the next 3 weeks, taehyung rejected meeting me, saying he was busy with other stuff and just couldn't make it at all. I mean, it's true he didn't bother to suggest another date to meet up but I am asking for a huge favour so I can't impose on him at all. If he rejects meeting me altogether, I might just fail semester assignment which I just can't afford.

With little choice, we stopped messaging and I gradually pushed him out of my mind and carried on with part and parcel of life. 

After another week of not contacting, I received a message from the one and only Kim Tae Hyung.

Kim TaeHyung: "Whee In! I'm free right now! In 25 minutes I can meet you and we can pick up from where we last stopped! :)" 

Jung WheeIn: "Omg serious? Yes, let's totally do this! Actually, the draft for this assignment was supposed to be vetted through by my prof like in a week's time. But I was afraid you were super busy and didn't want to pester you. (ノ﹏ヽ)"

Kim TaeHyung:" Well you should have said something! I'm not that mean of a person okay? I will see through this, mark my words ya."

Jung WheeIn:" Ok, thanks so much!  You're a lifesaver, SERIOUSLY!"

Kim TaeHyung:" So I'll pick you up at the front gate?  5 pm sharp alright?"

Jung WheeIn:" Yes sir, your wish is my command."

After sending that last message, I checked the time and had 2 more lessons to go before ending at 4:40 pm. With a bounce in my steps, I gladly rushed through the rest of my day.

Seeing that familiar back at the front gate of the uni brought a smile to my face and I hastened my pace towards him.  However, all good things must end as I saw that same crowd of girls around him, desperately trying to get into his good books. Those girls crowding around Taehyung reminded me of myself as I got flustered over his every move and actually thought he was into me. Needless to say, I was severely disappointed in myself and decided it was time to stop fooling around and actually live my life without revolving around Kim Tae Hyung. 

I whipped out my phone and started texting taehyung.

JungWheeIn: "I'm at the front gate right now but I don't see you?"