Lacey

Jakie's POV

Jakie! Don't you dare fall asleep! Missy warned. I internally waved her off as I fended off the fatigue. For three days, I literally had to run from place to place to try and find my sister. Who knew the creatures liked to chase? Cause I sure as h3ll didn't! Missy, I'm fine. If I was a lot stupider, I would have been dead because I fell asleep. I quickly reminded her. Then, I picked up a werewolf scent. Green Apples and Strawberry Pop tarts. Lacey.

I followed it quickly. I was evading every creature I could because I could smell them. And it was not a very nice smell. Dead animals mixed with rotten meat and dirty socks is enough to make you pass out. Lacey's clean scent was in the thick of it all. I finally found myself in a camp of some sort just outside of the woods. And there was Lacey, strapped to a whipping post.

She was barely conscious and whatever kidnapped her had gone. Or at least, they were asleep. I covered my scent with some kind of smushed up berry, I hadn't touched it with bare skin, as I crept towards Lacey. When I got closer, I could see she was weak at best. "No.......please.....no more......" she pleaded. I took pity on her.

I made it to the post and untied her. I took off my sweater and wrapped her inside it. Her shirt was rags and she looked frozen. "Please.....Don't hurt me," she cried as she looked at me. Then, she recognized me. "Jakie....." I wrapped my arms around her and held tight, cradling her. She clung to me like I was her Mom. "Thank the Moon Goddess. I thought I was gonna die. Please, don't let them get me again." she cried.

I soothed her gently and slowly picked her up bridal style. She was light. A lot lighter than an almost 18 year old should have been. I carried her easily. "Why come for me?" she finally asked after an hour of walking. I looked at her. "Because. A creature can't help its ancestry. And even though I hated Dad, you are my sister. And I always look after my siblings." I replied.

The fatigue came back as I started to slowly find my way back to the gap. At noon on the fourth day, we made it. Lacey had tear tracks all through her bruised and bloody face. I gently lifted her out and then got out myself. It was odd, being back in the real world after the Mist, but I got used to it quickly.

Lacey was still clinging to me when I stumbled onto Silver Moon lands. What a sight it must have been for the guards. Two teenage girls, one bloody and bruised and being carried, appear out of the woods. I would have a heart attack. I completely ignored their attempts to get me to stop and marched right up to the pack hospital.

I rushed my sister in and stopped at the weird stares. "Don't just stand there! Get a nurse!" I barked. One young woman ran off to find a nurse while Lacey shivered. When the woman came back, I followed the nurse to room 208 and set Lacey down on the bed. "Don't go, please." she whispered. I locked my hand in her's. "I'm right here." I whispered back.

Soon, Alise showed up with my six other younger sisters and brothers. The twin baby boys were set in two chairs in their carriers as Alise glared at me. "Enough." I snapped before she had even spoken. Lacey's hand tightened on mine and I looked back at her. She looked upset as her lip quivered. "Don't go, please." She repeated. I nodded, assuring her I wasn't going to go.

I looked at the four boys. "Hi guys. I'm Jakie." I said as I extended the other hand. They all shook it and told me their names. Marcus and Peter. The babies were Lionel and Jonathan. I turned to my sisters. There was the familiar grin of 8 year old Zoe, and the face of a 12 year old I didn't recognize. "I'm Layla." She whispered. I surprised her by giving her a great big hug.

"Nice Peanut farm." I remarked to my stepmother, who laughed in spite of herself. Peanuts were what my Mom used to refer to kids as. Over the years, I had adapted it. And six kids that she had mothered was a lot. "Hold on. Layla, you look like Zoe and I. Could it?" I asked Alise. She nodded. I bet she felt embarrassed that she had only produced one daughter.

"Well Layla. You don't look anything like your mommy, right?" I asked as Layla nodded. "Well you, Zoe, and I share the same mommy. Luna Alma." I whispered the last words in her ear. It was a lot to accept, but having a large family may not have been the best idea on Jonathan's part. There was a wheeze from Lacey and I turned back sharply. The nurse, who had been attending to her, had poured water down her throat and closed her airways.

"Out! Report to the dungeons!" Alise and I shouted at the same time. The nurse raced off as my sister choked. I picked her up and gave 10 thrusts on her abdomen, forcing little spurts of water out. After two minutes of this, Lacey began to actually breathe instead of wheeze. I set her down gently again. "What the h3ll?" I asked Alise. She shrugged.

My phone chirped and I checked it. Oliver. Not out? I'm going in! I rolled my eyes at the text and let my fingers type back a reply. I'm out. Two days til I'm home. I slid my phone back in my pocket and sat next to my sister, keeping her hand locked in mine.

&@(-%-@(%-@(+%

Lacey let me leave the next day, after she embraced me in a weak hug. I had slept next to her bedside so I had some energy. I had to stay so long as she jumped away from everyone, even her own Mother, except me. So after she was settled, I left. "Mindlink me?" she asked. I looked around at the room with my younger siblings. "Yeah. Try not to get in any trouble." I warned as she laughed. I left with a smile on my face and shifted back outside the boundary.

I then took off for home. Home, where mate and pup are. Missy agreed.

_____________________________________________________________________

I actually teared up a bit writing some parts :') I do have feelings after all! Well here us the long chappie! I worked extra hard to make sure it was long.

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!