Staying in hiding? Briefly

Jakie's POV

Orion started to cry. I just held him awkwardly in my arms, with a confused look on my face. "Oliver, do you know how to care for a baby?" I asked. Oliver nodded and took Orion from my arms. Orion stopped crying and went to sleep. "How do you do that? Can you teach me?" I asked. Oliver laughed at me.

"Sure. Super easy." he answered. I went too search up in the attic for old baby things I could use. I found an old bassinet of Alexa's and brought it down into a spare room. I returned to the kitchen and saw Oliver gently rocking the sleeping Orion. "I found a bassinet we could use for him." I said.

Oliver gently carried Orion up the stairs and laid him on his back to sleep. "Is it normal that I'm not a maternal person?" I asked him quietly. Oliver nodded. "For some people, yeah. You'll be feeling maternal towards Orion soon, I bet." he answered.

I went to bed in my room. My thoughts were heavy. What if I'm not a good mother? I asked Missy. She took a really long time to answer back. You'll be a good one. Trust me. She said back calmly. I sighed nervously. Are you sure? I asked.

Of course, stupid. I am your wolf, after all. Went Missy's snarky reply.

_____________________________________________________________________

Lacey's POV

The funeral for Dad lasted for the entire day. Mom was crying the entire time. She finally left when they put him in the grave. I couldn't cry. I just couldn't. He had put a tremendous amount of pressure on me because I was to be the Alpha. I didn't know what to do with that pressure suddenly gone.

I left when it was over and went to comfort Mom. "It's all that Jakie's fault. She killed my Jonathan. She killed my mate." She sobbed over and over again. "Mom, relax. It's not good for the baby." I soothed. She shook violently. "I'll-I'll kill Jakie. I swear, I'll kill her!" Mom bellowed. I gently pushed her back down in the chair.

"Mom. In all fairness, Jakie is his daughter, the first born. He didn't treat her well, I hear. You know the story of Luna Alma? That was his true mate." I said. Mom gasped and looked pained. I started muttering words under my breath, not nice ones. "Lacey, get me to the infirmary. I'm going into labor." she gasped.

"Crap. Crap, crap, crap!!" I yelled as I half carried my Mom up the stairs and down the hall. She was biting her lip and I saw blood. She had just about bitten her lip off when we were directed to maternity, where I set her on a bed and midwives saw to her.

16 hours later she welcomed a set of twins. Both boys. "The first one who looks just like your father, shall be named Jonathan Caleb Brunick and the other one who looks like me shall be named Lionel Xavier Brunick." Mom said quietly.

_____________________________________________________________________

I know it's short!

W.L.W

Vote! Follow! Comment!