Chapter Eighteen: Ice cream secrets

Song: the village by wrabel

Cole POV
My eyes rolled open to the sound of my phone vibrating.
"Hello?" I said in my groggy morning voice.
"Cole! Can you come over Iris and I... We kind of got into trouble."
"What a shocker." I sighed.
"No it's really serious this time."
"Okay I'm coming Lane."
"Thank you!" She said.
I hung up and rolled out of bed. What kind of trouble could she be in at 7 am.
•••
"Get in." Lainey dragged me by my shirt in her house.
"What is going on Lainey?"
"So, have you seen the news lately?" She paced back and forth.
"Yeah. So?"
"That woman, was in our car last night."
"The one that robbed banks and stuff?"
She nodded.
"Lainey have you told the police?"
"That's what we were on our way to do. I just needed support because we're kind of freaking out."
I hugged Lainey in a tight embrace, "it's alright."
"We were kind of drunk."
"Um... Lainey I think you want tell your parents too."
"They don't need to know that part."
"Yes they do. Yours too Iris."
"When did the boys become more wiser than us?" Iris rolled her eyes.
"When they aren't as in much deep shit as we are." Lainey rolled her eyes.
"It's fine, lets go." I grabbed my keys and hopped into my car.
We soon arrived at the police office and then we told them everything.
"She's here, she turned her self in last night." The officer said.
"Oh..." Lainey was really confused.
"Why?"
"We'll she gave the money to someone but we can't find out who so she's still in interrogation, but thank you for telling us."
And just like that we were sent on our way. We walked away and sat in the car.
Iris started to laugh and so did Lainey.
"Guys this is not funny!" I said.
"We were freaking out for no reason." Iris said.
"I can't deal with you guys."
I rolled my eyes at them.
I dropped Iris off at her house and then drove Lainey to hers.
"What on earth were you thinking?" I brushed her hair behind her ear.
"I don't know she just got in and begged us to drive so we did. She's a really good actress, I couldn't get her face out of my head all night."
"Awe baby, please don't do that ever again. You really freaked me out last night."
"I freaked my self out." She giggled a little bit and then she faded with a frown.
I just really hope she wasn't traumatized or anything last night.
"Hey, are you okay?" I smiled.
"Yeah." She gave me a flimsy one back, "just tired, freaking out sucked a lot of energy out of me last night.
"I bet. How about we go out and get ice cream?"
She nodded and gave me a small peck on the cheek.
The drive was quiet, we got out and saw Travis in there sitting down with one of the employees.
Lainey was just going to walk in but I pulled her back.
"What?"
"I'm curious of why Travis is here talking to that guy."
"They're probably friends."
Travis then was stroking his arm like he would Iris.
"Uh, maybe not." Lainey was taken back.
So was I, I was kind of shocked. Kind of? I was actually very shocked. He was dating Iris why was he flirting with some dude?
Is he gay?
Travis gay?
"It's always just one thing after a fucking another." I put my head in my hands.
It's not fair, he can't just do this.
"Let's just go." Lainey said.
"No I said I was going to get you ice cream I'm getting you it!"
"Would you fucking relax Cole. He's your best friend, you have to be okay with this." Lainey yelled.
"How are you okay?"
"Because I'm literally running on no sleep right now and if Iris was a lesbian I'd be cool with it, so you should be too."
I took a deep breath and we walked inside.
"Oh hey Travis." Cole said through his teeth.
"Hey!" He smiled, "This is my friend Matt."
"It's so nice to meet you!" I put on a fake big smile.
"I'm Lainey and this is Cole." She rubbed my shoulder.
He nodded smiling at us.
We went over to the counter and got our Ice Cream from the other employee working.
They looked so fucking stupid in those outfits.
"Thank you." Lainey said.
We said bye and then left the place. We sat in the car and they went back to flirting. Travis looked around the store and leaned over and gave Matt a quick peck.
He got up and left.
When we was coming out we made eye contact he knew I was so pissed at him.
He just kept walking to his car because that was probably the best thing right now.
I felt so betrayed by him I'm his best friend he couldn't even fucking tell me he was feeling those kinds of things.
Lainey's POV
I saw the anger in his eyes and I didn't know what to do. I rubbed his thigh and he looked at me. His gaze bored holes into me.
"Don't. I can't even thing of that right now! Are you serious?" He screamed at me.
I sat there shocked I grabbed my things together and got out of his car.
"Lainey. What are you doing?" He asked.
"I'm leaving, call me when you got your shit together!" I slammed his door and started to walk to Travis's house.
"Lainey come on. I'm sorry."
I just ignored him after calling out to me for a while he finally gave up and drove off. What an asshole!
He had no right to yell at me like that. I don't get why he's so mad the only person I understand of being mad in this situation is Iris. It's really not fair to her, but Cole has no right to freak out this bad.
I eventually arrived at Travis's house. I knocked on his red door and he opened right away.
"Hey it's just me."
"Where's Cole?" He asked looking around.
"Throwing a hissy fit." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm assuming you saw." He looked down.
"Travis. Let's talk in the car while you drive me home because you love me."
"Sounds good." He gave me a faint smile.
"We did see, I'm totally cool with it. I think you should really break up with Iris."
"I know I know." He said, "how pissed is Cole?"
"He's really pissed, but he shouldn't be. I think the only one that has a right is Iris."
"I figured everyone would hate me."
"I don't hate you Travis, I'm actually happy for you." I smiled.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"That's good."
"When did you know?"
"Well I kind of always known, I did have a crush on Cole for a little while when we were freshman. I never really had someone attracted to me that was a boy so I pushed it back and put on this tough guy act. Now someone does like me back and I feel safe with him. I honestly didn't want it to happen this way."
"We can drive to Iris's and I'll be there with you if you want." I smiled.
"I don't know if I can handle that tonight."
"It's better from you then anyone else."
"Your right."