4 | sorrow

"She left

"She left." Jacob yelled as he crashed on the ground next to Kayla. The brunette had decided to spend the day at the beach, drawing before Jacob came into her personal space.

Kayla nodded solemnly, "She's your best friend but you have to know she made her choice. If she wants him, there's nothing more you can do. You tried but she clearly wasn't listening and she's made her choice." She understood why Jacob wanted to save Bella's humanity but the young adult had made her choice, even if wasn't a wise choice.

"How can you say that?" Jacob practically glared at Kayla.

"Because it's not your job. You've tried but she clearly isn't listening to you and has made her choice. She loves him and nothing can change that. You have to understand that she's chosen how to live her life." Kayla explained to her soulmate. Bella loved the vampire and that wasn't going to change. Kayla couldn't understand why Jacob seemed so upset about it, she was his imprint after all and he had made it clear that he didn't have any feelings for Bella so why was he reacting like this?

Jacob shook his head in disbelief and whispered, "I wish she was my imprint instead." His eyes widened in shock as she couldn't believe the words that had just spilled out of his mouth but Kayla definitely heard and it hurt, hurt more than he knew.

Kayla stared at her soulmate in disbelief, "Get out. Get out now." Jacob tried to explain himself but Kayla had definitely heard him clearly and there was nothing he could say to make the situation any better. He had screwed up, that much was obvious.

"I heard what happened with Jacob, well more like I felt it

"I heard what happened with Jacob, well more like I felt it. You want to talk?" Kai asked as he sat on his sisters bed before wrapping his arms around her. Kayla sighed and snuggled closer to her brother. Kai's presence alone always made her feel better. He was her other half and knew her better than she knew herself.

"Not really."

Kai sighed, "I don't know what to say to make you feel better but I know you're stronger than this. You're going to keep your head up and get through this. Whatever you choose to do, I'm always going to be here for you. You're my sister and nothing is going to change that."

"Thank you. I'm not going to let this destroy me. I've been through worse. I'm stronger than this. He's not going to ruin me. I'm not going to go back to him. If he wants me back, he's going to have to work for it. The worst part is that he's my soulmate and I can't just leave. We're meant to be together and yet I'm here doubting ever meeting him." Kayla sorrowfully spoke. She didn't want to give up on Jacob, especially not like he had done but she was hurt and it would take a while to come to terms with. Jacob has pretty much stated that he didn't want her and she didn't know how to react.

Kai kissed the top of her head, "Everything happens for a reason. I can't tell you what to do or figure this out for you but I will stand by you."

"Thank you. I really needed to hear that."