1 | talk

After having been introduced to the Pack, Kayla made her way down to the beach to clear her head

After having been introduced to the Pack, Kayla made her way down to the beach to clear her head. Finding her soulmate was something she was still having wrapping her head around.

"I figured I would find you down here." Kai spoke as he sat down next to his twin sister. Kayla sighed, knowing she couldn't lie to her other half as he knew her better than anyone and she loved the beach more than anything. "What's going on?" He asked.

Kayla smiled softly, "I don't know what to do. I mean, I know he's my soulmate but I'm not sure what to do. I don't think I could handle losing anyone else. He's already so important to me."

Kai softly smiled at his sister, "I know but you can't be scared forever. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. You need to give yourself a chance to be happy. Our parents would have wanted you to be happy. Please don't put yourself down."

Kayla exhaled heavily, "I'll try."

"You're still out here?" Jacob asked as he sat next to her

"You're still out here?" Jacob asked as he sat next to her. Kayla had spent most of the afternoon on the beach, sketching the scenery, trying to clear her head while figuring out what to do. Jacob wanted to get to know her, show her how important she was to him. Everything he had ever felt for Bella was gone the moment he looked into her eyes.

Kayla smiled faintly, "I love the beach and I guess, I wanted a little space from my siblings. I love them, but they love to hover."

Jacob smiled a small smile before he took a deep breath, trying to figure out what to say. He knew he had to be honest with her but he didn't want her to run away from him. "As I'm sure you've already figured out, you're my imprint. I'm going to be completely honest with you because you deserve better. There's this girl, I thought I was in love with her but the moment I looked into your eyes, I saw our future and anything I felt for her, didn't matter anymore. Sam was right when he said you couldn't force the imprint, that the person you're meant to be with is out there. I want you, Kayla. But just because you're my imprint, doesn't mean you have to be with me. We can take it slow if you want. You're my imprint but I will be what you want me to be."

Kayla beamed with happiness as she looked at him, "I get it, sweetness. You didn't ask for this but neither did I. Truth is, right now I think we both need a friend. I think we both have some stuff to get through, that we still need to figure out. I'm here for you, anything you need."

Jacob nodded his head in understanding, "I get it. I'll be here if you need me as well. I'm not going anywhere. But I do hope that you'll come to me if you need someone to talk to?"

"Of course, as long as you do the same."

"How was your day?" Kai asked as he sat on his sisters bed

"How was your day?" Kai asked as he sat on his sisters bed. The two liked to talk before they went to sleep for the night.

Kayla grinned, "It's been good. Got some drawing done and I got to explore the scenery. I also talked to Jacob." The conversation she had with Jacob definitely enlightened her and she knew changes had to be made before anything happened between them. "How was your day?" Kayla asked, despite knowing exactly what had happened.

Kai sighed, "As I'm sure you know, I found my soulmate. She's beautiful, strong but she has scars and I'm worried that I won't be able to help her. I'm afraid I won't be the person she needs me to be."

Kayla leaned her head onto her brothers shoulder, "You're an amazing guy and I know she's lucky to have you. Don't doubt yourself. You deserve to be happy and you can't do that if you keep bringing yourself down. She might need you but you need her just as much and you need to make that clear to her. We've been through shit but we are getting through it. Don't doubt yourself."

Kai kissed the top of her head, "Thank you. I guess I needed to hear. Do me a favour?"

"Anything." Kayla replied.

"Don't sell yourself short. You're so much more than you think. I want you to be happy. I want you to be able to smile. Please talk to me if anything happens and know I'm always here for you." Kai pleaded.

"I will." Kayla vowed.