9 | alone

"What are you going to do?"

When Bella had found out the Cullen's were back, she pretty much ran to Kayla's house. She didn't know what to think or feel. She was doing better, so much better and the last thing she wanted was for them to ruin her progress. Everything had been going to well, she was getting As in class, her relationship with Charlie was much better, she had good friends and she was learning to be independent and love herself. How dare they come back now?

Bella sighed, "I don't know. What I do know is that Edward and I are not getting back together. I have realised for toxic we were together. I was losing myself and I wasn't making the most of life. I'm happy. I'm doing so good and the last thing I want is to lose all that progress. I mean, I do miss some of the family but I can't put myself through that again."

"You are going to be fine. You have grown so much. You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. I know that everything hasn't been easy for you but there is something I need to tell you." Kayla confessed. She knew it was the right thing to do. Bella deserved to know what was going on, especially since her life was on the line.

"What are you talking about?"

Kayla exhaled before she looked at Bella, "There is an army of newborn vampires coming for you and the Cullen's. The redhead that the Pack has been chasing, well she has been looking for you and wants revenge for what you and Edward did to her mate."

"They're after me?" Bella asked in shock. Kayla hugged her when she noticed she was beginning to hyperventilate.

"Nothing is going to happen to you. The Pack and my family will do everything we can to protect you. We all make mistakes but you cannot blame yourself for what happened. You were in love, love makes us do crazy things. We will get through this." Kayla vowed.

"I just don't want anyone to get hurt because of me."

"And they won't. Not on my watch."

"No

"No." Sam spoke before he looked at her, "We are not working with the Cullen's."

Sofia rolled her eyestalks his machoism, "We have no choice. The lives of everyone in La Push and Forks are at risk. It is your duty to protect those humans. You don't get to make that decision because you don't like the Cullen's." When she was first introduced to Sam, she thought he was a good Alpha but lately he had been proving to be selfish. Having them all run extra patrol while he took it easy and he got to spend time with his imprint while the others didn't.

"We are not working with the Cullen's." Sam firmly spoke as he glared at Sofia. The rest of the Pack didn't say anything, hoping it wouldn't break into a fight but they knew Sam was wrong. So many people could get hurt and yet he wouldn't use the Cullen's to his advantage. No one liked the Cullen's, it was their fault they had phased after all but it was their duty to protect humans, including Bella and they knew Kayla wouldn't let anything happen to her and it was their sacred law to protect an imprint.

Sofia nodded with a sig, "I guess I will be discussing this with the Elders. If you can't do what it takes, maybe they can knock some sense into you. I don't want to have to do this but I refuse to let my siblings be out in harms way without any backup. They are not stepping down because they know it's the right thing to do. I just wish you thought the same."

"They're not going to listen to you. I'm the Alpha."

"Not for long if I have anything to do with it."