The Whitlock Girl (A One Direction Fanfic)

"Lillian Bethany Whitlock, would you do me the world's biggest favor? Say yes to being my wife and making me the happiest man in the world?"

Lights flashes, the entire crowd in silence as they awaited on my answer. Here it was, a moment I'd been dreaming of in my short eighteen years of life, and it was happening on the night of my eighteenth birthday party.

I'd been dating Blake Carter for two years now, we were the perfect match. He was Son of New York City's Major, Nathaniel Carter, and I was heiress of Whitlock Jewelry & Co, one of the worlds largest jewelry manufactures.

Biting my bottom lip, I looked down to meet his shining green eyes, the smile I fell in love with, and opened my mouth to speak.

"Yes, I will Marry you"

Blake shoved the large diamond, quickly, on my finger before standing up, wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me in circles.

Everyone was smiling, clapping, and shouting out congratulations. Camera's flashed, making the room brighter. All I could do was smile and hope I made the best decision.

***

Three Months Later

"Why not roses? Roses are classy." My mother stated as we sat around our lavish oak dining table. Papers and pictures were spread everywhere.

"Roses are overdone Mom, besides, I don't want roses." Wrinkling my nose I crossed out roses on the list of flowers my mother had typed up for me.

"Fine, no roses for the bride. Ooh! How about hydrangeas? They'd make a lovely centerpiece" A picture was shoved in my hands, my eyebrow arching as I studied it more closely. She was right, they would make wonderful centerpei-

"I would hope that my bride knows that her future husband is allergic to hydrangeas" A deep, alluring voice I knew too well stated.

"Blake! I didn't know you were coming over today", Smiling, I stood from my chair to wrap my arms around his masculine frame, which was hidden underneath the swankiness of a grey Dolce and Gabana suit.

"I need a reservation to see the love of my life as well? And to think all I wanted to do was take you to lunch. Are you hungry?" Blake smiled, letting his arms fall nonchalantly around my waist. Leaning down, he kissed me softly on the lips. After a moment, he pulled away.

"Well, Mrs. Whitlock, are you okay with me stealing away Lillian for an hour or so for lunch?"

"Yeah, this wedding planning can resume at another time. Besides, Ive got some calls to make!"

Blake and I watched as my mother got up from her chair and disappeared through a door on the other side of the room.

"Here, let me go and get my purse and coat, then we can head out."

***

Within an hour, we were at some swanky new restaurant, sitting under a umbrella overlooking a pond in Central Park. Music from a piano floated outside, and a few roses sat in the middle of the white tablecloth covered table.

"So, how's everything going with wedding planning?" Blake asked as soon as our orders were taken, both of us sipping on a glass of one hundred year old wine. Even though I was only eighteen, and Blake only twenty, being the children of some very powerful people did have its perks.

"It's going well. Ive already got a band scheduled, and the bridesmaids dress are ordered. Yet, mom and I can't figure our where the reception is to be held. It's between The Plaza or The.." I trailed off as I looked up. Blake wasn't even looking at me anymore, his eyes were glued to his phone, his fingers pecking away.