Words Spoken Too Well

Lilly's POV

Blake's grip was tight as they walked into the ballroom. Lilly was weary of the attack she had recieved from the press moments before she entered the building. All she wanted to do was sit down and get a few glasses of wine in her before she put up with the people in the room. But, that seemed to be impossible because she didn't even get ten feet into the room before every started mobbing them with more congratulations. 

It probably took her a good thirty minutes to finally be able to just set down at her designated chair. Even then people still came up and bugged her. It was nice, because most was families and friends she loved, but she'd honestly be on a quite plane heading for Italy instead of here.

The music had began, switching from classy waltz to fun songs for the kids and her actual generation. She hadn't seen Niall yet, but she had seen the other boys out on the dance floor with various girls for every kind of song. She just kinda figured Niall was sticking to the back, or just skipped all together.

An entire hour had passed, in which she had danced with her Father, and even had her well rehearsed  first dance as a married couple with Blake. They had chosen a sweet melody by a french artist. People had oohed and awed, and their photographer got up close and personal for the perfect screen shot. After all, they better be darn good pictures for the price he was getting paid. 

Finally Lilly had been able to get away, using the excuse of having to powder her nose. The first restroom she had found already had a line to be used. So, she just began wandering out the halls, in search of another restroom to have a few minutes to herself in. As she rounded a corner, she laid eyes on her destination, but before she even made it there, a hand grabbed her, pulling her into a random room.

She almost screamed, but stopped herself when she looked up to see who it was.

"....Niall?"

Niall's POV

I went off a few minutes after Lillian and Blake entered the reception hall to try and figure out exactly what he was going to tell her. He found an unlocked door to a room stashed full of random boxes, mix matched chairs, and load of furniture just piled together, and decided it was as good as any. 

He was about to exit, his words figured out in his head, when he saw Lillian coming down the hall, alone. He decided it was better to tell her the words in private, instead of risking someone else taking what he was going to say in the wrong way.

So now she stood in front of him, in all her bridal glory, questioning what he wanted. Her arms hung limply by her sides, and he lips were set in a straight line, although on the verge of a smile.

"Lillian," Niall sighed, taking all her beauty in. This, he decided, is how he wanted to remember her, "I just wanted to tell you I'm very happy for you. And that I'm glad I found you, even though it was too late." He could see the tears on the verge of spilling from her eyes, and he couldn't help but smile. 

He reached forward, her palm cupping her cheek, and he almost cried too, because she smiled the most radiant smile he'd ever seen, a single tear coming down her perfect complexion, "I'm glad I found love in you Lillian."

She finally spoke, "I'm glad I found love in you too, Niall. You'll always be in my heart, forever and always."

Neither of them said anything, and soon Lillian's hand found itself on his cheek, and together they just stood like that. In a perfect moment that both of them could remember and reminisce on when they were older. Because it was true, they had both found pure love, and that's something not many found. They found it in each other.

"I guess this is our goodbye." I said, stepping closer to me. She sniffled, nodded, and with a smile enclosed the space between us. We kind of just looked at each other, and slowly leaned towards each other until our lips brushed softly, and finally came together for a passionate kiss. A goodbye kiss.

When she pulled away, she reached up and brushed a few stray tears off my face, and we just smiled at each other. 

"Goodbye Niall." She whispered before turning away, and exiting out of my life forever.

I brushed my fingertips over my lips, still feeling her sweet lips and smiled, whispering my last words to her, even though she was long gone.

"Goodbye Mrs. Carter..." 

DON'T WORRY! The Whitlock girls still has more to come, and I hope you love it! See you guys in the next chapter update!(:

-Shelby