Chapter 6

I sat and waited in front of the entrance to the park for about 10 minutes. This little 'date' that Kylie set me up on was a mistake. I don't want to meet another guy who just wants to avoid me or use me as arm candy. I wanted a real relationship, with a real guy! Is that really to much to ask for?!

"Sorry for disturbing you, but do you have the time?" A deep timid voice caught my attention and I looked up at a delicious, hunk of man. His dark chocolate skin, and bright brown eyes, and those dimples! I look down at my phone and tell him the time. A big sigh escapes him and he plops down on the bench next to me. His head full of curly black hair falls into his hands dejectedly. He starts muttering to himself about a game.

"Are you okay?" I ask not sure how he would react. Would he scream, slice me up, or just cry? Oh I hope he doesn't cry. I don't want the slicing thing to happen either, though. He looks up at me out of the corner of his eye.

"I missed my little sisters game. She is going to chew me out for this." he mumbles and sits up fully.

"I'm sorry you shouldn't see me like this. To redeem myself act as i you just saw me, what's your name?" he smiles shyly while facing towards me to give me his full attention.

"My name is Logan."

"You know you should never tell your name to a stranger." he laughs lightly and I shrug not caring what happens.

"I'm tired of playing it safe while living on the edge. I need to choose one or the other."

"Nice answer. In that case my name is Bentley." he sticks out his hand and I shake it graciously.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" he asks with true concern in his silky voice.

"My friend set me up on some rebound date." I chuckle humorlessly thinking back to Chase.

"That must mean you just got your heart broken. That's why I don't do relationships it's too much heartache. Traveling is more of my thing." He puts in and I just now noticed he slid closer to me.

"So now I know you are single and travel. You shouldn't tell strangers all of your information." I tease back at him and he nods agreeing with me.

"Very true, but you aren't a stranger. If you were a stranger I wouldn't be asking you out for coffee right now." he puts in and stands up. My heart picks up, but I try not to show it.

"Is this one of your adventures?" I ask standing up anyway. Forget my date he isn't even coming.

"Can be. I usually leave the country first though. Like Italy, Korea, Scotland, or Spain." he puts in and I know he is trying to impress me.

"I wish I could travel like that, but this is my first year of college and I'm stuck in a rut." I shrug while we walk out of the park. We make our way down the street to some coffee place at 9:00 p.m.

"Do a study abroad program at your school if you're in college. You do look around that age. And if I like you, I may take you with me to South Africa this summer." We enter the coffee shop and he buys me a smoothie even though I protested thoroughly.

"You are just dropping hints all over the place. I will check into the study abroad stuff though. Now I think you should call your sister and start begging." We find a booth and he does as I say. While on the phone I look at him more closely. Even as he spoke his dimples were clearly visible. He had defined arm muscles and a tattoo on his arm. It was of the planet. Can't say I have ever seen that before.

"Are you undressing me with your eyes?" he asks shocked covering himself playfully with his arms. All I could focus on was that smile.

"Actually I was checking out your tattoo."

"Oh yeah I got this when I was 15. It shows my passion for all places around the world. How old are you anyway? I don't want to be breaking any laws here." his tone way playful, but his eyes were serious.

"I'm 18 okay calm it down." I laugh and he lets out a big sigh of relief.

"Good I thought I was gonna faint if you were any younger." he laughs and takes a gulp of his coffee. The workers are starting to clean up and put away the dishes.

"So how old are you? I want to make sure I'm not talking to some 35 year old man." I laugh praying that he is in his 20's!

"Chill, I'm 23 and don't try to say I'm any older. Five years isn't so bad." He takes my smoothie and takes a big sip.

"You bastard!" I laugh taking his cup of coffee and shooting it right in the trash!

"That's a two pointer for sure." I sing and he does the same to my smoothie. I actually liked that.

"Come on let's leave before we are kicked out." We leave and go back to the park.

"Even though I don't do relationships I would like to have your number in case I wanna hang out with a girl." he smirks taking out his phone. I take out my phone and ask him for the number.

"Just give me the number."

"No I want your number. I don't need you blowing up my phone." I tease and he gives me his number with a huff.

"You're a smart cookie, but bad reflexes." While I try and process what he just said he snatches up my phone and calls his phone. He hands back the phone laughing.

"I will call you tomorrow. We have to make plans." he winks at me and I stick out my tongue all dignity flying out the window.

"Just go home and go to sleep. Maybe find a woman to do." I grin when he glares at me.

"Very funny, but the woman I want to sleep with is going home to probably do her schoolwork." He smirks when my mouth forms a big O in shock. A cab pulls up beside me and I look up at Bentley surprised.

"I called you a cab. What kind of guy would I be if I didn't make sure you got home safe." He takes my hand and gives me a firm handshake which I laugh at.

"Thanks for cheering me up." I say genuinely happy for one night. No worrying about someone coming in and seeing me.

"Next time we hang out I want the real Logan who isn't hung up on some guy. And have a good night pretty lady." He opens the cab door for me and pays the man for my ride.

"I could have paid for myself at least."

"Good thing I did it for you."

"Good night, Bentley." I laugh and the cab driver takes me back to Kylie's house. She opens the door waiting for all of the details of my night.

"The guy you sent for me did not come, but I did meet some other dude. He was hilarious and he just made me feel so happy." I smile goofily and sink into her couch. My mind wandered to my night with Bentley. Kylie pouts but sits next to me.

"I can't believe Bentely didn't make it to your date." She pouts and my heart stops.

"His name was Bentley?"

"Yea tall guy, curly hair, dark skin, amazing dimples. You really would have liked him." She put in and turns on the T.V. I didn't know if I should be angry that he lied to me or happy that he came anyway.

"I did meet Bentley, but he acted as if he didn't know who I was. It was as if we were just meeting by chance. He told me he was late to his little sisters game." I say appalled and Kylie laughs heartily.

"Bentley doesn't have a sister! He's an only child. He's a friend of the family acutally. I can't believe he told you that." Kylie laughs and makes her way to the kitchen to get us some ice cream. I just sat there thinking about how great he was. Ugh I feel so stupid, but I still can't wait to talk to him tomorrow.

"Hey Kylie, I need your help!" Someone yells and I look up to see Chase coming in with his bag. He drops it at the door and looks at me as if he was nervous. Kylie comes back in with a bag of popcorn apparently not hearing her brother was home.

"So tell me how the entire date went with Bentley!" She screeches excitedly and looks up. Chase looks between Kylie and I and raises his eyebrows.

"I'll be upstairs until you two are done with your screaming." Chase mutters and leaves the living room.

"I need a vacation." I mumble slumping further into the couch sighing like no other.