Chapter 2

(Picture of Chase to the right)

“Oh, hi Chase”

“Hey Lucy”

“What’s up?”

“I wanted to talk to Logan.”

“…why?”

“…Uhm I think I left something at her house yesterday.”

“Oh okay! I’ll wake her up.”

I need to have better dreams.

“Logan wake up. Chase needs to ask you a question.” Lucy whispered in my ear. Okay maybe it wasn’t a dream.

“Tell him to go jump off a bridge.” I mumbled and pulled the pillow over my head.

“She told me to tell you to go jump off a bridge.” Lucy said shyly to Chase. I heard a deep chuckle and soon felt arms around me. I was being manhandled!

“Let me go you punk!” I mumbled as loud as I could.

“Thanks Lucy I promise to bring her right back.”

“Okay I’ll talk to you later Chase!” poor thing. She liked this douche but he was too busy messing with me to notice a beautiful girl is in love with him. I think I’ll have to tell him today. I heard a door open and I was thrown onto a bed. I looked up slowly to see myself surrounded by blue. I was back in Chase’s room. Chase was by the door closing it softly.

“What time is it?” I asked sitting up.

“6 a.m.” he said nonchalantly while waltzing over to the bed.

“What! Who gave you the power to wake me up this early?” I screamed. He ran over to me and covered my mouth with his large hand. Mmm he smelled like cinnamon.

“Do you want to wake everybody up.? Anyway Lucy went for a jog this morning that’s how I got you up.” Oh speaking of Lucy.

“I have to tell you something.” I mumbled and looked at him. His eyes darkened and he sat next to me.

“What’s wrong baby face?” He asked. I could have taken him more seriously if he hadn’t kissed my cheek.

“Not now Chase. I don’t have the energy to fight back.” I groaned.

“That’s good.” He smiled and kissed my forehead while rubbing the small of my back.

“I have a friend who likes you and she doesn’t know how to say it.” I said and he smiled.

“You don’t have to talk about yourself in 3rd person babe.” He laughed and kissed my lips. I responded to this kiss and I hate myself for doing so. He made the kiss deeper and pulled me closer to him. I pulled away, but he was still in my space.

“Go ahead spit it out.” He joked grabbing his own neck and acting as if he was chocking.

“Lucy likes you.” I blurted out and he stopped cold. His eyes bulged and he began to cough convulsively. I grabbed him and patted his back. He soon began breathing again. Thank goodness.

“You have got to be joking.” He said. I couldn’t tell if he liked this idea or not.

“No. I told her about you kissing me and she freaked. She’s one of my best friends and I can’t hurt her. Anyway I don’t even like you like that.” I said matter of factly.

“I believe your lips would contradict that statement.” He smiled rubbing the bottom of my lip with his thumb.

“Stop that! You have a girlfriend and a girl who likes you. You don’t need to be with me.” I said hoping to convince him. He straightened up and sat there blankly. I thought he was considering my options until he pinned me under him on top of his bed.