Chapter Six

Twelve held my bicep tightly, guiding me toward the man that had watched our little fallout, I glanced at Twelve as he bowed his head slightly while passing the large man that I remembered to be the leader of the Viking group that had kidnapped me from my home only amongst a week ago. I stumbled a little over a small bush and winced as a thorn on it nicked my toe, I looked down and saw the small scratch, it burned a little but I ignored it as I continued to let Twelve lead me to the large group that were steps ahead of us by my bicep. His hand slowly loosened and slid down my arm to him grabbing my wrist and pulling me toward his side protectively. I felt a heavy presence and glanced behind us to see the leader, I had no idea what his name was and I was too upset to want to look at Twelve, so I had no reason to ask. The man was the tallest of them all, at least six-nine with a very dominant built that it was almost unreal, his legs were chunky and strong with his arms the same way, his shoulders were long and built as well.

The man had a mop of dark brown hair on his head, his eyes were a soft friendly green with the sunlight lightly sparkling into them ever so then, his lips were thin and his skin a soft peachy porcelain color. His bulky chest and twelve-pack torso was wide but narrowed as you came to his hips, he was built so well and strong that it made me fearful to make him angry. He, like the rest of the Vikings, held a few battle scars that stood out respectfully. Half of his face was contoured with scaring from the flesh being burned, a large scar went from the elbow to the middle finger of his left arm, and he seemed to walk with a slight limp as he used his broadsword to stable himself. I looked back up to his eyes to see him staring at me, I quickly turned to face forward before looking at Twelve once more, his face was still blank and it made me angry a little. I bowed my head and stared at the passing ground with each step as the ones ahead of us playfully pushed and laughed with one another like a large happy family. I looked around the forest, it was slightly darker than I had expected and the deeper we got, the more thicker the vegetation grew and the more leaves the trees had.

I sniffed and reached up to wipe any drying tears that were irritating to my skin, I glanced over at Twelve once more as he stared ahead with a stone face, his expressions unexpressed. He knew what he did, so why does he act like everything's okay? Do he think I forgive him? Not looking along the path I was being led, I stumbled and couldn't catch myself, and Twelve didn't bother to try as he allowed me to hit the ground hard with a soft thud and a grunt slipped out of me. I moaned in pain as a searing heat ran along the side of my foot, I frowned as I sat up and rolled over so I could examine my foot, blood poured heavily as I looked at what I tripped over. Someone had dropped their dagger and I had sliced the side of my foot on it, the pain was unbelievable as I frowned and hissed in disbelief, I had hurt myself so easily. Twelve knelt down beside me as I looked at him wearily, not because I was upset with him but because the wound was bleeding profusely. Blood poured from my foot and coated my hand before dripping to the forest floor and soaking into the ground, I tried to slow the bleeding by apply pressure but it seemed useless.

"Halt." The large leading Viking announced behind Twelve and I.

I looked up as everyone turned to see what was happening, I immediately felt embarrassed and shy as Twelve pulled me close to him, the crowd of Vikings started to make their way back as I buried my face in Twelve's chest shyly. A couple of other people knelt down beside me and one of them reached forward to grab the ankle of my bleeding foot but I immediately recoiled away from them. Twelve gently grabbed my ankle and wrapped his arm around me in an encouraging way, he held my ankle in place as one of the Viking's started to examine in before looking at the blade that had been dropped. The Viking analyzing my foot was built like the rest of the more regular Vikings, his eyes were a cold brown and his face was deadpan as he looked at my foot from different angles. He sighed heavily in an almost saddening way, making me nervously look at him through the intense pain raging up my leg. The Viking moved my ankle only the slightest and I couldn't stop the yelp that slipped from within, I cried as tears welled and poured down my cheeks hotly.