Trees

It's a quiet day in Columbus Ohio. The birds fly and sing through the skies. You could hear the sound of the wind blow.

Columbus is referred to as Hometown. Not everyone calls it that. But Tyler Joseph, who is a young boy everyone knows and sees by the streets, he calls his home hometown.

People know Tyler because he sits on a log by the trees and plays his ukulele.

Tyler loved to sing. It is his favorite thing to do. To wash away his sorrows or to make his days better.

During his session on the log, Tyler decided to sing a song that he had wrote when he was 17,

Just Like Yesterday

You're scared
When you say
You talked to them today
When asked your faith

You'll cry
No sound
Wipe the tears from your doubts
And hide again

I can't sleep
It's just taking time off my feet
But my head instead is going 100 miles a beat
And I'm thinking as I'm sinking
And he's winking at me
Cause they know
Desperation and temptation is free
Do you see?
I can't live this way
Just to write a song to play
Just to stay alive
Just enough to breathe away
Another day
Another face
I will lose another race
Save me now
Cause tomorrow's gone
Just like yesterday

"Leave me alone!"A voice cried out.

Tyler stopped playing when he heard the voice. It sounded like a girl.
Tyler put his ukulele into his bag and he went out to find where the voice was coming from.

He eventually found the girl screaming for help but he quickly hid because he didn't want to be seen. When he looked closely out of hiding, he saw a young blonde girl being messed with by two guys.

Tyler couldn't help himself. He needed to help this girl.

"Hey!" He said while coming out from behind the trees. Tyler is seen by two boys and the young blonde girl.

"Leave her alone." He demanded.

"What are you gonna do about it?" One of the boys said.

Tyler stood there not figuring out what he was gonna do. But when he saw the young blonde girl on the ground, he quickly took her hand and they both ran off from the two boys.

They eventually got away and hid in the forest between two trees. As Tyler sat on the log trying to catch his breath, the girl looked around the forest, still a bit scared of being found by the two boys.

"Did we lose them?" She asked. Tyler looked around as well.

"Yeah, I think so." He said.

The girl looked upon Tyler. She realized he was the boy who sat and played his ukulele by the trees. She was so happy to meet him.

"Are you the ukulele boy?" She asked.

Tyler was not offended when he was called the ukulele boy.

"Yes, yes I am." Tyler said. "Tyler is my real name."

"Jenna." The girl said. "I've always wanted to see you sing."

"Really?" Tyler said. "I can sing a song right now for you."

Jenna got all excited.

"Please do." She said.

Tyler got out his ukulele.

"Have you ever heard of a song called Trees?" Tyler asked.

"No." Jenna said. "Please sing it to me. I would love to hear."

Tyler began to strum and play.

I know
Where you stand
Silent
In the trees

And that's
Where I am
Silent
In the trees

Why won't you speak?
Where I happen to be
Silent
In the trees
Standing cowardly

I can feel your breath
I can feel my death
I want to know you
I want to see
I want to say
Hello
Hello
Hello
Hello

I know
Where you stand
Silent
In the trees
And that's
Where I am
Silent
In the trees

Why won't you speak?
Where I happen to be
Silent
In the trees
Standing cowardly

I can feel your breath
I can feel my death
I want to know you
I want to see
I want to say
Hello
Hello
Hello
Hello, yeah

While Tyler played and sang, Jenna looked at him. She was very impressed with his singing. But she could see the beauty in his face. She really wanted to be his.

So she reached out and kissed him on the cheek. Tyler immediately stopped playing and looked at Jenna. She began to regret what she did.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I didn't mean to do that."

Tyler looked at Jenna and repeated what she did to him. But on the lips.

"You are so beautiful and so wonderful." Tyler said. "I could marry you right now."

"Really?" Jenna asked.

"Of course. Why not?"

"How old are you Tyler?"

"26." Tyler said.

"Then yes!" She said while hugging him.

She and Tyler ended up kissing again. Then they declared that they will be married the following day.