Chapter 4 The Front Line

As we approached Lorraine i felt a shiver down my spine, we had finally reached Lorraine we saw we wasn't alone there where we saw several different people from different countries and regions one man i spoke to came from Australia he told me about how he left his family behind, i saw most men with secret scared faces (scared but don't show it) waiting for the command to advance to the front line.

a few hours later more men appeared and we where given the command to advance to the front line every ones face dropped because they knew what was going to happen them next as we where walking there where mutters of scared men all around me.

we was about a yard away at that point most of the troops felt the German bullets when we got in the trench we did a quick body count we where missing loads of troops then from above i heard a cry for help i looked over it was lieutenant marshal he had fallen behind and was under attack so i went out to help him i told the others not to follow me out because it was too dangerous the major taped me on the back and said to me "good luck".

after about a minute i got to him, then an unexpected shot hit his stomach and another hit my arm i didn't know if we were going to make it or not, just as i thought we where going to make it i herd this noise from the sky it was a bomb falling towards us there was no hope us we had a matter of seconds to react then it fell pieces of dirt and metal flying in the air.