Chapter 3 The hospital

i all of a sudden felt movement in my heart beat i could feel the air on my face and legs but not so much my arms i heard muffled voices in the background.

I could see light as i tried to stand up the nurse said "don't move too fast you will hurt yourself" so i asked nicely where am i she replied the Mile End hospital in London you where shipped here from France.

 As i looked over my body i saw that i had lost a leg and was on a drip then i asked "what happened to me" she looked at me and said "your leg got blown off by a mine" "your lucky you didn't step on it though" I looked at her confused and asked "who did if i didn't" she then opened the curtain dividing the beds there i saw Percy lying there with a cast and no legs i was horrified

My body had a chill running up it as i looked at my hopeless friend, then it came the on going bleep that's when i realised he had gone my honest truthful friend had gone further than any human being could go.

2 months on i was asked to go back to the war i didn't want to but i knew it was my duty to fight for king and country so 3 days later on the 3rd October 1939 i was shipped of to Bar-Le-Dunc where my squad was waiting for me, when i got there the major asked about Percy, all i did was bite my lip and stared him in the eye then he knew what had happened he then said "men we have lost a solider and a brother he will always be remembered now lets go kick some German arse"