Zeus Story

Rhea hid Zeus in a cave, and wrapped a stone in swaddling clothes. Kronos fell for the trick and ate the stone thinking it was Zeus.

Zeus, Ruler of Mount Olympus,
Known by Many Names,
Lord of the Sky,
Rain-God, Cloud-Gatherer,
And Zeus of the Thunderbolt.
The Mighty Zeus, the Greek god known
also as the Roman god Jupiter or Jove.

===================================================

According to Greek mythology, in the beginning there was nothing. This was called Chaos. From this nothingness came light, Mother Earth (Gaia) and Sky (Uranus) were formed. From Gaia and Uranus came six twins known as the Titans. The six twin Titans were named Oceanus and Thethys, Coeos and Phoebe, Hyperion and Thea, Creos and Themis, Iapetos and Clymene, and finally Cronos and Rhea.

Gaia and Uranus also gave birth to three Cyclopes, three giants, each with fifty heads and one-hundred arms. Uranus disliked his offspring, so he forced them to return to their mother’s womb. The pain of carrying the numerous children angered Gaia, and she made a plan for revenge against Uranus. She called upon the Titans to help her. The youngest, Cronos (master of time), came to her aid. Cronos, with his mother’s help, created a sickle and cut off his father’s genitals when his father came to be with his mother.

Cronos cast the cut off genitals into the sea. According to some versions of the myth, the goddess Aphrodite was created from the blood that dropped into the sea. In addition some of the blood dropped on to the earth creating all types of scary offspring.

After defeating his father, Cronos married his sister Rhea. The two had six children: Hestia, Demeter, Hera, Hades, Poseidon and Zeus. Cronos, after each birth, swallowed the first five children because of a prophecy that climed one of his children would overthrow him. Rhea tricked Cronos with the sixth child. Zeus, instead of handing Cronos the child, she gave him a rock in a blanket. Cronos swallowed it believing it was the baby. Rhea then smuggled the baby Zeus to the island of Crete to be raised by nymphs. Later Zeus would return to defeat his father in the battle between the Olympians and the Titans.

Here are some's.

Zeus was the Greek god of the sky but also the supreme ruler of Mount Olympus, which domain included: all of the Olympian pantheon of gods as well as all of the earth, a mighty position indeed.

Zeus (not surprisingly) had an unorthodox childhood. At the time of Zeus’s conception Cronus, Zeus’s father, had been eating whole all the children his wife, Rhea, had born him. Not because they looked oh so scrumptious, but because of a prophecy that Cronus would be overthrown by one of his children. So simple solution: just eat your children.

However when Rhea had born Zeus she knew she couldn’t hand him over to Cronus to be devoured, so instead of handing Cronus Zeus to eat she took some clothes and wrapped a rock and gave that to Cronus (Cronus must have been as smart as one to actually fall for that). After she was safe she sent little Zeus to earth to be raised by nymphs and the divine goat Amalthea. Amalthea was also important later on because upon her death Zeus was moved to sadness and used her horn as the cornucopia and eventually used her golden fleece as the impregnable aegis.