Chapter one - Chores

Hallie's Pov

"Oh Halllieee!" I groaned when I heard a very high pitched voice calling my name and pulling me of my sleep. I fluttered my eyes open to find a blond haired, petite girl with make up on her face, hovering over me.

I groaned again, "What do you want Gabby?" I asked the girl still half asleep. The girl smiled deviously at me as she spoke, "I'm heading out so you're home by yourself, with nothing to do, so here are some chores for you to do," Gabby placed a list on my bedside table.

"Gabby those are your chores," I complained at her.

"I know and you are so sweet, for doing them for me," she was at my door, "toddles Hallie."

Before I could protest she was gone, 'Why me?' I asked in my thoughts while deciding to get out of bed. I walked into my bathroom and stripped so I could have a shower. The warm water woke me and after about ten minutes, I was out again.  I put on my pink robe and looked into my mirror, looking back at me was a girl with magenta hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin. I smiled, 'I love the way I look naturally,' I thought. I added a bit of mascara and some pale pink lip gloss just to show off my features and walked into my closet. I'm not really girlie when it comes to make up and clothes, i can be girlie when it comes to my hair though. I picked out my favourite denim shorts and a black summer top. I looked over the list Gabby left me, and sighed. "Are you kidding me?" I asked myself as I put on my yellow heels and my bracelets. First thing on the list was to go food shopping, I walked down the stairs and grabbed my keys to my blue convertible that I was given for my sixteen birthday by my adoptive parents. I think it was a bit too much but they insisted I had it.Locking the front door behind me, I walked to my car and hopped in, making the engine roar to life as I pulled out of the long driveway.

Arriving at the supermarket, I parked and turned off the engine. 'I will never get all these chores done,' I thought as I looked over the list again while walking into the supermarket. I walked straight into someone with a broad chest, nearly making me fall on my ass. "I'm so sorry," I looked up to find a boy with dark brown hair and blue eyes looking at me with a smirk. It was my best friend, Matthew Lawson. "Oh hi Matt," I smiled brightly at him.

"Hey Hallie, what are you doing here?" Matt asked me curiously.

Obviously to shop," i rolled my eyes as he laughed, "I am doing chores that YOUR girlfriend SHOULD be doing," I sighed.

"I can help you if you want, I have nothing better to do," He offered while smiling at me. 

"Thank you, you are my hero," I joked with him and let him help me with the food shopping.

After shopping, cleaning the windows, vacuuming the whole house, cooking dinner and doing the dishes, we collapsed on the couch, exhausted. "Thank you so much for helping me," I thanked Matt and hugged him.

"No problem Hal," he said my nickname which made me smile as he hugged me back. I could feel the warmth coming off his body and I pulled away.

"You better get going before Gabby gets home, I don't want to get you in trouble for helping me," I walked him to the front door.

"See you at school Hallie," he said as he walked to his black jeep and drove away. The phone started to ring as I closed the door and I  answered it.

"Hello, Warner residence," I said into the phone. 

"Is that you Hallie?" a woman asked me.

"Oh hey Mrs Warner," I recognized the woman's voice straight away.

"How many times have I told you to call me Rachael?" She asked me.

"A lot but it doesn't feel right," I replied

"Very well then just checking everything is alright."

"Everything is fine."

"Good we will be home soon, your brother is with us just letting you know," she told me and said her goodbyes and hung up.

Putting the phone down, I walked up the stairs and starting doing some calculus homework. I heard Gabby's pink sky liner r34 coming up the driveway, and i thought i would have some peace and quiet.

"I'm home!" Gabby yelled from downstairs and I heard her footsteps on the tiles and on the stairs as they reached my room. For once she knocked, "Yes Gabby?"

Gabby entered my room with a short pink summer dress coming up to her knees and a pair of pink high heels. Yeah you guessed it her favourite colour is pink. "All the chores done?" she asked me with a grin.

"Yep," I knew I wasn't gonna get a thank you or anything so I just went back to my homework.

"Good, now I have guests, please don't be a pain to them."

'Me? Be a pain, I don't think so, you're the only pain around here,' I thought but didn't say them knowing it wouldn't do me any good.

"As you wish, I will stay out of your way," I faked a smile at her.

"Good," Gabby walked into her room and I heard other girls giggling.

Just Gabby's best friends, Diana and Rosie, would laugh like that and I knew it was them. I ignored their giggles and talking and continued with my homework.

**********************************************************************************************************

A/N: hey guys hope you enjoy this chapter and would like to thank @CatherineMaloy for making my book cover :)

Please comment vote and fan me (:

~Hayley xo