Chapter Twelve - Holy Fuck I slept for Eight hours!.

Matthew's POV

I watched as she fell asleep in my car, I could see  a stand of her hair hanging lose in her face, I leaned over and tucked it behind her ear, I could see the smile on Hallie's face while she slept which let me know she was dreaming about me. The sound of a horn behind me, made me almost jump right out of my seat, I realised the traffic light had gone green and I drove back to my house. When we arrived, I didn't want to disturb Hallie in her sleep because she looked so peaceful and adorable, but I didn't want to leave her in the car. So without waking her up, I got out of the car, closed the door quietly and then walked to the passenger side. I opened the door and slowly unbuckled her seat belt and picked her up, the bridal way, and closed the door softly. I reached the door of my house and knocked knowing my parents would be home.

I was greeted by my mother who looked at me with suprise and before she could say anything I shook my head and looked down at Hallie, who was still sound asleep in my arms. I looked back up at my mother and she smiled and let me past. I carried her up the stairs to my bedroom, and placed her carefully on the bed. I smiled as she cuddled up to the pillow, probably thinking ti was me, and I left my room and closed the door.

I walked down stairs and went to the kitchen were mum was baking, as I walked in she looke dup at me.

"And what do you think you are doing, skipping school?" She looked at me with knowing eyes.

I explained what had happened this morning at school, knowing if she  knew what happened she would let me off.

Hallie's Pov

I woke up to the sound of my ringtone going off, I sat up and struggled to get my phone out of my shorts pocket.By the time I reached my phone I had missed the call, I read the caller I.D. to see I had 13 missed calls from both Lindz and Nora. Jeez can i get a break?

I then realised I wasn't in the car anymore, but on a bed.I recognised Matt's bed but i didn't understand how I got here. I remeber falling asleep in the car, Matt must have carried up to his room when we arrived. I went to the bathroom and looked myself over, the redness of my face from crying earlier had faded a little bit, I turned on the tap and splashed water in my face and dried it with a towel. I went back to Matt's room and grabbed my mascarra and eyeliner and headed back the the bathroom only this time I saw Kitty washng her hands.

"Oh hey Hallie." She smiled at me, and gave me a hug. I returned the hug but I was so confused.

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" I asked.

"Uh, school finished 2 hours ago."

TWO HOURS AGO?! I slept this whole time!? I looked at the time on my phone to see it was 5:15 in the afternoon. Holy Fuck I slept for Eight hours!

I ran down stairs to see Mrs. Lawson in the Kitchen and Matt sitting on the bar stool watching his mum cook.

"Good afternoon sleeping beauty," Matt stood and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Why did you let me sleep for that long?" I asked astonished he didn't wake me up.

"You looked so peaceful, I couldn't bring myself to wake you up."

"Do you want to stay for dinner Hallie?" Mrs. Lawson interupted our conversation.

I honestly didn't want to go home yet. "If you don't mind?"

"Never, you can come over for dinner whenever you want!" Mrs. Lawson smiled at me graciously.

I smiled and followed Matt to the living room and sat on the couch.

"Am I in trobule?" Matt asked me.

"No," I poked my tongue out at him,"but never let it happen again."

"Your wish is my command," Matthew said as he bopped his head and I laughed at himm and hugged him. It felt nice to know he was more than my best friend now, but my knight in shining armour.