Chapter Seven (Matt's Pov) - The best friend and the family

'With bloodshot eyes I watch you sleeping

The warmth I feel beside me is slowly fading

Would she hear me if I called her name?

Would she hold me if she knew my shame?

There's always something different going wrong

The path I walk is in the wrong direction

There's always someone fucking hanging on

Can anybody help me make things better?

Your tears don't fall

They crash around me

Her conscience calls

The guilty to come home

Your tears don't fall

They crash around me

Her conscience calls

The guilty to come home

The moments died, I hear no screaming

The visions left inside me are slowly fading

Would she hear me if I called her name?

Would she hold me if she knew my shame?

There's always something different going wrong

The path I walk is in the wrong direction

There's always someone fucking hanging on

Can anybody help me make things better?

Your tears don't fall

They crash around me.' 

Stretched out on my bed, Tears don't fall blasting out my stereo, I thought about Hallie, how I love the way she smiles and how her hair falls down her back. 'Come on, man snap out of it,' I thought to myself. I sat up and grabbed my phone to call my best friend, Aj, before the phone could ring for the second time, he picked up. "Hey man, what's up?"

"Yeah, not much, what you doing?"

"Nothing, why wanna go out or something?"

“Nah, but do you want to come over and play COD or something?”

“Yeah sure mate, be there in 10.” AJ then hung up leaving the annoying tone to linger in my ears.

I know that I had to tell him about Hallie, I just don’t know how. I plonked myself on my bed, waiting for AJ to show up. I was almost asleep when I heard a car pull into our driveway, I knew it was him from the screeching tires and it was only six, dad doesn’t get home until seven.  I heard AJ walk into the house without knocking, as if he lived here. I grabbed two bean bags and put them in front of my forty-two inch plasma and set up the Xbox. By the time AJ was in my room, I was in game mode and I handed him a controller.

After a good COD session, ending it with seventy kills to fifty kills, I got the winning score of seventy, as always, we started chatting.

“What did you invite me over for anyway man?” AJ eyed me curiously. I was nervous but come on he is my best friend, I manned up and took a deep breath.

“Well, you know Hallie?”

“You mean Hallie ‘Nerdy’ Erickson?”

‘So that’s what they call her,’ I thought before replying, “She’s not that much of a nerd, and yeah.”

“If you say so,” he shrugged, “what about her?”

“Well, I kinda like her,” I finally said it, I felt relieved after getting those words off my chest.

I looked at AJ for a minute, waiting for him to say something, but instead he started bursting into laughter. “Are you serious? Hallie? And you? Aha, Matt, come on, she’s a nerd and you’re a jock!”

“I was being serious AJ,” I was a bit hurt but I didn’t tell him that.

“Wow. Okay man,   but you should let things die down between you and Gabster, I mean the chicks live together.”

“Yeah, okay thanks man.”

“No problem bro, if you like her then you like her,” he stood and stretched a bit, “well I better get home, you know what Mums like.” 

He was already out my room and almost at the bottom of the stairs before I could say, bye.

I stretched out on my bed and thought about what AJ said. What was I thinking? I mean Gabby lives with Hallie, asking her out before settling things down with the ex is insane. Hallie gets enough shit from her as it is. I don’t want to cause anymore. I heard my dad’s car pull up onto the driveway, I hope he isn’t grumpy from work, otherwise there is no point in talking to him at all.

“Matty! Daddy’s home!” I heard Kitty running down the stairs and laughed, he was good to us. I left my room and walked down the stairs, to see my dad with Kitty on his shoulders and greeting my mum with a kiss.

I beamed, I know it sounds weird but I love it when he shows passion around us, then we know that he won’t leave us.

“Hey bud,” Dad spoke to me and I smiled at him.

“Hey old man,” I replied with a smirk and  he put Kitty down so he could put me in a head lock. “Who you calling old man kid?” he rustled my hair and   then let me go.

“You’re still an old man,” I laughed at him and he chuckled along with me.

“Dinners ready!” I heard mum yell from the dining room and saw she had cooked steak, yum I love a good steak. I sat down next to my little sister and dug into my food, while mum and dad asked both me and kitty about our day.

“So son, how was school?”

“Good in a way and bad in a way,” I shrugged, “I broke up with Gabby today.” 

“Well you deserve better, Matthew,” Mum never liked Gabby, but then Gabby was really stuck up and never said hi to my mother. Dad sort of liked Gabby but  thought the same as mum as well, and Kitty, well lets just say, if Gabby and I had stayed together, Kitty wouldn’t talk to me much.

“How was your day Kitty?”  Dad asked my little sister.

“It was alright, but then Hallie came over after school and saw my new room,” Kitty’s smile was up to her cheek bones.

“Hallie? Hallie Erickson?” Dad flashed his eyes towards me and smirked, “How is she anyway Matt?”

“Well, she is good, starting to hang out with some of my old friends.”

“Darling, she has grown up so much, she is so beautiful and I barely recognized her,” Mum was beaming and complimenting Hallie. I loved that, my family liked Hallie, I mean we have been best friends since elementary school.

“I bet she has, dear, I really do.” Dad replied to my mum’s compliments and winked at me.

Great he knows I like her, oh well, what’s the harm in that? I thanked mum for dinner and went back up to my room, grabbing out my laptop and logging onto facebook.

 **********************************************************************************************************

A/N: Heey guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, what do you think of Matt's family?

This chapter is dedicated to @alybby1 who is one of my favourite writers here on wattpad, please go check her stories out too

Please comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote if you liked it :)

Love Hayley xo