A Silent Lover 2: The Ultimatum

The Ultimatum

(Chapter Two of Just an Heir’s prequel – A Silent Lover)

Dedicated to: graypink111 (thanks for the comment on JAH & Loving Him Secretly)

“I’m sorry that you’re tired.” – Carlos Jean Mercedez

~*~

February 1978

Why are childbirths so difficult? Stephanie screamed loudly, while tears were falling from her eyes. The pain was terrible, but she just pushed herself as stated by the doctors. For a moment, she stopped, panting. It was too excruciating for her, but she had to, so she pushed herself to release Rafa from her uterus, while sobbing and yelling. “Ah!”

Soon, the doctor announced the crowning of the baby. Finally, the head was almost there. Stephanie pushed herself again, as best as she can. The baby’s head was out. With one last push, the baby was entirely out.

She caught her breath repeatedly and sobbed of happiness. Marco Rafael Mercedez was announced to be born at 10:54 am, and was a healthy baby. He was almost eight pounds, and she hoped he could be as tall as his dad. With a weak voice, she requested, “Let me see my baby.”

She wanted to make sure he’s alive!

Rafa was cleaned thoroughly and was wrapped on a blue cloth she had bought months ago alone. He was a pale-skinned kid with few brown hairs and light brown eyes. Oh gosh! Her son looked like her, making her sob softly. He was such an adorable child, yet his dad didn’t love him. But for her? Rafa had already had her wrapped around his finger.

She had requested the nurse to call Carlos the moment she arrived in the hospital, but Carlos had replied that he was busy. He really didn’t care about her and Rafa.

“I’m so sorry, baby. Your papa hates you.” She sniffled and called the nurse so they can put him on the nursery while she rested comfortably on the hospital bed. She will do everything just to make sure that Rafa would receive love from his father.

For that, she had an idea in mind. She would do her best for that to be effective.

~*~

Carlos sighed heavily when his wife’s labor was over. Unbeknownst to Stephanie, he was outside the hospital room, wearing a hooded jacket and faded jeans to hide his identity. No matter how much he tried to avoid her, he can’t.

When Stephanie was already sleeping, he quietly entered her hospital room. His wife, who would always give him everyday reprimanding, looked really exhausted. Her hair was disheveled and her lips were pale. Slowly, he made sure that her face was free of hair strands, and without hesitation, he kissed her forehead.

“I’m sorry that you’re tired,” he whispered. “But it’s all worth it right? We have an adorable child.”

After that, he went to the nursery where baby Rafa was. He looked like his mommy so much. If his wife just knew that even though he disregarded them, deep inside him, he cared for them. Carlos touched Rafa’s hands covered with a small, white mitten. Rafa wrapped his fingers around Carlos’ index finger.