Chapter Eight

Oh my gods. How could she do that? Doesn't she know what she lost? Nico paced his cabin restlessly, unable to sort through his feelings.

"Neeks, you in there?" Wills voice floated through the windows.

"Yeah, just a sec."

"Nico. Come here."

"Why? Just come in!"

"Nico, please."

"Ok, ok."

Nico pushed his hair out of his face and walked into the afternoon sunlight. "Hey cutie."

Will smirked. "You'll only want me, right?"

"Huh?"

"Forever?"

"Will. You're my boyfriend-"

"You're still mooning after him though, aren't you? Perseus Jackson. The Golden Boy. Our hero." Wills voice took on a taunting tone, his eyes turning black as coal.

"Will, I don't know what you're-"

Will shoved Nico back into the cabin, against the wall. A demonic voice emanated from deep within his chest. "Nico, where were you today? Were you fucking him? I know you've been asking around. Why do you care if Annabeth and Percy broke up? Don't you love me?"

Nico woke up panting, a sour taste in his throat. He rubbed his shoulders and neck, the pain the only physical manifestation of the nightmare. Sometimes it was worse.

"Nico? Nico, Are you ok? I'm coming in."

"Will!" Nico looked around, catching a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His cabin was fine, but he looked a mess.

"Heya." Wills lopsided grin, a permanent fixture to his face, widened.

"Ney Will." Nico was still breathing heavily.

"You ok?"

"Ugh. Yeah. Just a bad dream."

"What about?"

"I can't remember." Nico didn't want to lie to him, but he didn't know how Will would feel about the fact that he was dreaming about Percy again.

"Ok..." Will looked mildly suspicious, but shrugged it off. "It's almost dinner. You wanna head up to the pavilion?"

"Yeah. I think I'm gonna sit by the big three table today. Care to join me?" Nico bowed elaborately, making Will blush.

"Yeah. See you there!"

Nico took a shower, and got dressed in cleaner clothes. He jogged up to the pavilion, and sat down just as Will arrived. Not many people were there yet, seeing as the horn for dinner hadn't been blown yet, but they were both early birds. Will wrapped his arms around Nico and kissed him on the top of the head.

"Hey, death boy."

"Hey, sunshine."

The horn blew, and all the campers filed in, laughing and talking, and shouting for friends to join them.