It's All Wrong

Xavier's POV

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry bro."

"Ooooh Xavier is a free man again."

"I thought they were mates."

"What happened?"

She's gone. My love is gone. Was she ever mine to begin with? When we were both predestined for someone else? The moment she found him.

She told me, "We both knew this was bound to happen to one of us sooner or later. I'm only sorry it didn't happen sooner. I'm sorry."

Now I'm a dead man walking. I thought love was enough to keep us together.

She left the second she found him. Her soulmate, her other half. The one she was meant for. The one she was spoken for, since she was born.

It was never enough.

I was so wrong. How could I have been so wrong?

God and I hurt the one in the process of my selfishness. Just because I didn't want fate to decide the person I loved for me. I just wanted to control something in my life. Was that so bad?

I didn't know it would turn out like this. Nor would I have wanted it too.

Now you'll never want me. Not after what I've done. I knew I was putting you in pain all those nights but I thought you would be alright.

I thought you would find someone else. Someone who cared more about love than fate's decision but maybe that's where I was wrong. I never thought fate would be the deciding factor for us.

I'm sorry, Lexi Anderson, my true mate.

What ever did happen to us? That led us to this horrible end? It started that fateful morning.

[Flashback]

"Wake up sleepy head!" I scrunched my nose and turned away from the voice, but they wouldn't leave.

"Come on, Xavier!" Reluctantly I opened my eyes, and the sight before me, woke up more than just me. My body was alive, it was a reaction I've never had before to Lexi or anyone for that matter.

Lexi straddling my stomach, leaning down touching my face. Groggily I placed my hands on her forearms, light sparks shot though my fingertips.

I took a deep breath to try and calm down, but that made it worse, worse in the best way possible. Her scent drove me mad, she smelled like vanilla mixed with cinnamon. Her scent awoke Ryker, "Mate!"

Oh fuck. I bolted up into a upright position. "Ahhhh!" I caught Lexi before she fell back, by pulling her closer to me. My arms wrapped around her back and waist, whereas her hands naturally fell on my shoulders. I felt the tingles from this small contact.

Inside Ryker was yipping and prancing around in happiness because our mate was so close.

We were staring into each other's eyes, I was slowly leaning in closer. Closer and closer, just when our lips were about to touch-"Xavier!" Elise was calling for me. Lexi immediately pushed me away. She rushed out of the room, taking her delicious scent with her.

It hurt, but I knew it was my fault.

[End Of Flashback]

I did this to us, to you. That morning I could have had you. But I, the fool, couldn't break the pact later that same day.