Comforting Cheese

Landon's POV

The ride to my apartment complex wasn't long. I may have been speeding on my motorcycle, just a little—okay I was going 60mph, you caught me.

We arrived in less than twenty minutes. Pulling my helmet off and ruffling my hair, I spoke to Lexi, "Lexi? We're here."

The death grip she had on my leather jacket immediately released.

She attempted to step off the bike but it was a bit too high for her. So I took matters in my own hands, stepped off first and lifted her off my bike. "Thanks Landon."

"It's nothing. Are you feeling better?" Lexi simply nods at me.

Honestly I was at a loss for words on what to say at times like this. How do you comfort someone?

I opened the front door and allowed Lexi to walk in first. "I'll get you a change of clothes, you can shower in the bathroom across the hall. We'll meet up in the living room?"

Again she nods and that's all I get. I leave to my room, rummaging through my drawers for a t-shirt and some basketball shorts.

I come back and Lexi is standing exactly in the same spot I left her, "Here, there are towels in the bathroom." She walks away silently.

After our respective and separate showers, we're both sitting on the white capital 'U' shaped couch.

"So . . . " I'm the first to break the silence.

"What happened back there, Lexi? Did you find your mate, is that why you were crying? Was he with someone else? Talk to me."

I was sitting cross apple sauce and held both of Lexi's small hands in mine. She let out a sigh as she looked at the ceiling with 'fascination'.

"I—I found him. He's already with someone else. I—I saw him with her."

Lexi retracted her hands and immediately put them up to her face. She was trying to hold in her tears but I could see them roll down her cheeks.

I wrapped my arms around her and rest her head on my chest. I gently rubbed soothing circles on her back and stroked her hair.

"Who was it, Lexi? Who hurt you?" I spoke softly, trying to get her to calm down but I was utterly pissed.

My wolf was just as angry at whoever hurt Lexi, he wanted blood and I needed a name. No one hurts the ones I care about and gets away with it.

". . . Xavier." My eyes immediately bulged at the name. Xavier? As in the soon to be alpha, that Xavier?

"She didn't say anyone else did she?" Hush you, and if it is him, what are you going to do? We can't start a war.

"Oh so you wouldn't wage war for her?" You know damn well I would do anything and everything for Lexi. She would not want war. Especially if she knew it was for her.

"Hmpf." You know I'm right.

"Fine, figure this out on your own." Well thanks, that helps. Mentally rolling my eyes at my wolf. He retreated back from my thoughts with a growl. 

"Forget about him, he lost the most precious star. You know, because we're made of stardust and you shine the brightest of them all."

She looks up from my chest with a tear stained face, offering the smallest of smiles. I grin right back, "I've got more where that came from."

I lay back pulling Lexi down with me, we used to sleep like this when Lexi had nightmares when we had sleep overs.

"I know you need a teddy bear to cuddle, but wouldn't you want a furry knight like me?" Lexi looked at me perplexed. "Because I'm a werewolf, get it?" She laughs and instantly, my mood lifts. Finally a real smile.

"You dork." I'm grinning. As long as she's happy for now, I'm happy and my wolf is happy.

"Yeah I know, now time for bed. We've gotta contact your parents in the morning before they freak out and think I've kidnapped you."

I grab the blanket that usually sits on top of the couch and pull it over the both of us.

"I'm glad you're my best friend Landon."

"Mhmm, good night Lexi."

"Goodnight Landon."

~ Morning Arises ~

Lexi's POV

"Haaaaaaah." I yawn and stretch my arms, rubbing sleep from my eyes, I see that Landon is nowhere in sight. "Landon?"

I immediately ask in the vast empty space. At first I was greeted with silence. "Landon?" And then I heard a bark?

He probably just got back. I got up from the couch and headed to the bathroom to freshen up first.

Fudge-doodles I have to contact my parents first, where's my phone? I don't remember having it on me after the fiasco.

After a "quick" trip, really half an hour, in the bathroom, I searched for Landon.

There he stood in shorts, no shirt, water dripping from his damp hair, drinking from a carton of orange juice in the kitchen. "Finally awake I see."

I rolled my eyes, I don't exist until at least 10 am on a weekend. "Did you just come back from a run?"

"Yeah, were you able to get in touch with your family?" Landon asked as he closed the carton and chucked it back into the fridge.

"About that, could you lend me your phone?" Landon's tiled kitchen floor was suddenly very interesting. Small squares and black lines, oooo la la.

"What happened to yours, young lady? Hmm?" Landon was as much of a best friend to me as he was like my guardian. And right now, he was in dad mode as I expected.

"Funny story, really, you're gonna die of laughter." I looked up and Landon was standing with his arms crossed. I reached out and tried to put my hand on his shoulder but failed miserably.

"Ahem. I am waiting." I gulped. Landon always made sure I had my phone on me at all time since the first party I went to wasn't all rainbows and sprinkles.

"IlostitatthepartylastnightIdon'trememberwhenorwhereIcould'vedroppedit." Landon just gave me this look that said 'try again'.

I sighed, "I lost it at the party last night. I don't remember when or where I could've dropped it."

Landon nodded and pulled his phone out of his pocket. I reached out for it but he held it up high.

"What are you doing?" I immediately stopped and just stood there.

Landon took that as my answer and proceeded with what he was doing. "I'll call your phone, someone must have picked it up by now. Hopefully it's in good hands."

God I hope Xavier doesn't have it. Fudge my life.