Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

On Crescent, President Brians, Deputy President Callsen, and Prime Minister Kevins had also watched the broadcast from the Lisalian High Councilor announcing the surrender of all Lisalian Military forces. With the surrender of the Lisalian Military, the question for the Amderestan and Analkian Republics was how to effective govern the Lisalian Galaxy with or without keeping the Lisalian High Council intact.

The Video-Audio Communication Screen indicated an inbound VACS transmission on a frequency commonly used by diplomatic personnel. After voice authentication of the person at the other end of the transmission, the screen showed Ambassador Kevins seated at the flight control console of a Lisalian shuttle.

"Mr. President, Deputy President, Prime Minister." Ambassador Kevins said. "I have been fairly treated by Lisalian Military Intelligence during my captivity and have been released as a measure of good faith by the Lisalian Federation. I'm currently on route back to Analkia."

"Ambassador, I'm appointing you as the special envoy to the Lisalian Federation. You'll be meeting with the Lisalians to formally end the war between them, us and the Analkians." President Brians told Ambassador Kevins who set a course back to Lisalia.

Back on Taronia, Andrea Forrester and her twin brother Timothy Forrester watched ARNN Taronia in their aunt's living room with their grandfather who read something on his datapad. The videoscreen showed Colonel Linkans, General Mark Ellis and Commander Jack Callsen seated at the anchor desk with ARNN Anchor Mark Linnans.

"Colonel, what is your assessment of the post-war situation in regard to the Lisalian Federation?"ARNN Anchor Linkans inquired of Colonel Linkans. "As I see it, the 4th Amderestan Republic and Analkian Republic will likely let the Lisalian Federation keep the area of space still under Lisalian control. The Amderestan and Analkian Military occupied areas will likely be partioned into an Amderestan Occupation Zone and an Analkian Occupation Zone."

"What about the Lisalian Military?" General Mark Ellis chimed in. "Will it be keep intact?"

"General Ellis, it's difficult to say, a small a number of Lisalian Military Combat, Aerial and Infantry Assault Groups will likely remain in the area of space still under our control." Colonel Linkans responded in reference to the Lisalian Federation. "While Lisalian Military units held as Prisoners of War in the Amderestan Military Occupation Zone and the Analkian Military Occupation Zone will likely be disbanded."

Ambassador Kevins arrived on Lisalia a couple of days later to begin a series of peace talks with the Lisalian Federation. How long they would take, Kevins didn't really know for sure. He landed the commandeered Lisalian Military Beta-class command shuttle on a Lisalian Military landing platform and took a rented speeder to the Lisalian High Council building.

Ambassador Kevins proceeded to a conference room situated on the fifth floor of the Lisalian High Council building that over looked the street below and went inside. Tim Kinnos, the Lisalian Special Envoy recently appointed by the High Councilor went over to Kevins.

"Ambassador, have a seat anywhere and we can get started." Tim Kinnos said to Ambassador Kevins as he gestured towards the conference table and the two men sat down.

"Alright as it stands, Amderestan Military and Analkian Military forces currently occupy the Second Lisalian District, Third Lisalian District, Fourth Lisalian District, Sixth Lisalian District, Seven Lisalian District, Eight Lisalian District, Ninth Lisalian District, Tenth Lisalian District, Eleventh Lisalian District and the Twelve Lisalian District." Ambassador Kevins began as he referred to a holographic map of the Lisalian Galaxy which showed the Lisalian controlled area in blue while the Amderestan and Analkian occupied areas were indicated with a green color.