Chapter 9

You gulped down the cold water with greed.

The match was done with the Fire Ferrets wining. You had gulped down a lot of water and felt water-logged. The team strutted in, soaking wet, tired, but proud. You wanted to give them all a group hug but decided it was too forward. "Great job!" Your face was beaming with a cheery delight despite the hoarseness of your voice. Mako who was barely smiling, lifted his right corner of his lips to a bigger smirk, gave a small laugh.

Bolin cheered and jumped. "We did (Y/n)! I think we would've lost if we didn't have you cheering for us." He exclaimed with excitement. You slightly blush and laugh along. Why do I feel so awkward around him? You thought to yourself as Bolin starts to relive the match.

You feel a hand being placed on your shoulder with force and the flashback returns.

——————(Flash back)——————————-
Cold laughs and gwauffs were shared around the circle. You look at your mother again. Her eyes were glassy with fear. She took a deep breath and squinted her eyes. Everybody fell to the ground groaning in pain.

——————(Reality)——————————-

You had stop the terrible vision early. The owner of the hand laughed. All you can think of was the past. You water whipped the hand. You swiveled around with swiftness. It was Hasook, but you couldn't stop. He was smiling warmly and his laugh was light hearted. Your mind keeps going back to your mother and the Red Monsoons.

You do another water whip and froze his feet to the ground and his hands together. It wouldn't make any difference since he was a water bender, but it was the only non-lethal move your mind switched over to when you realized that you weren't in a dangerous situation.

Everybody stood there shocked, while you took a deep breath and ran out. The only thing you could hear was your heart pounding, your breath panting and your feet slapping against the wood floor. When it came to running you had the worst form. Your arms were too far out as if you were trying to swim(you were used to swimming away than running away in the past), your legs took too big of steps for your body can handle(your suprised that you hadn't fallen yet). Your breathing was out of wack, you either breath with no nose or no mouth(at this point your only breathing with your mouth and it ia not helping). You should be breathing in with your nose and out with your mouth! You scold yourself as you attempt to turn a corner but you slip on ice.

Hasook had been following you with Bolin and Mako. Without thinking, you get up and bend the ice into shards and shot all of them at the group. They were yelling your name with questions about if you were okay, or is something wrong. They all let out a scream and dropped to the floor to avoid the ice.

You continue to run. Soon you were outside of the building and running towards the water. You were about to jump but all the water had turned to ice. You turn around, half expecting the Red Monsoon.

It was just the team. Tears were threatening you to fall, warning you with blurry eyes. They all had genuine concerned face. Bolin took the first step. The blurriness cleared, tears rolled down your cheeks and dripped onto the ground. "(Y/n)?" Bolin took another step.

You didn't want to break any relationship you had with Bolin and Mako, but you wanted space. Mako walked up to match Bolin's  distance. You feel your heart break and beginning ripped apart.

"Don't. Just. Don't." You hold up your hands as if an invisible force would keep them at bay. Since you weren't thinking straight, your mind took it as: shoot icicles at their feet and have no mercy. Long blades of ice shot out from the bay and stabbed the ground. They all jumped back with a surprised shout.

You don't say anything and turn to the water. You jump, transforming the ice to water.  You form an air bubble around your head so you didn't have to worry about holding your breath. You shot through the water, stopping halfway in the water. You floated there for what seemed like forever, thinking about what just happened.

You couldn't trust people. How did I even  escaped the triad? Why couldn't I have one good friend? I could've but now I can't because of the stup