Chapter 4

Leaving Bolin and Mako by themselves.

Bolin's POV

"Bolin! We are just starting out. Must you bring a girl every other match?!" Mako's good mood was actually a mask to hide his annoyance.

I felt like I got pounded in the face with ten thousand earth discs to the stomach. "Must you be critical to everyone of them?!" I shot back bitterly.

"I'm not critic-" I interupt my brother with a scoff.

"Not critical?! The last match you made Ela cried because you couldn't keep your mouth shut! Another match before that Miki slapped you in the face because you said something with out your filter. And here we are now with (y/n) and she is the best girl yet, I can feel it... And you pick a fight with her down stairs!" I ranted with unbelievable rage.

Mako looked taken aback. I can see his mind whirr with thinking of a comeback. He found one. "Bolin. I'm just wanting the best for you. The most of those girls were there either to get famous, laid, attention that they rarely get from the people they actually like!" He was also fuming.

I paced around the room, getting a hold of my anger. "What if they do like me for me?! Ever thought of the girls who actually like me for me?!" I pressed my fingers to my chest for emphasis.

A flash of guilt crosses Mako's face. It is quickly covered up by apathy. "Yes there may be a couple of girls who like you for you but have to think Bolin." He stood to leave. "She is going to be the last girl you bring because she is... She is your girl." Mako states as if lost a battle.

"Oh, you really think so?!" I squeal to Mako clapping my hands with joy. I rushed over to and hugged him. He hugged back.

"I'm sorry for being such a spoiled sport. I know I can be stubborn at times..." He starts to apologize.

"Mako, relax. You are fine. You can even bring a girl you like to the match toni-" I was cut off by a roll of the eyes.

"She is already taken and coming with someone else. Don't worry about it. I'll be fine." His tone quivered slightly at the beginning but evened out at the end.

I sigh and stretched my arms. "We should probably check on (y/n) shouldn't we..." I smiled with a chuckle.

Your POV:

You almost stopped rinsing Pabu but you heard two pairs of foot steps heading to the bathroom.

You start humming a tune that your mother taught you before she died.

Bolin and Mako enter, not noticing the song. (Or so you thought....) "Nice voice." Mako attempts a smile. Is something is wrong with him...

"Where did you learn that song.... Wait a minute.... You had Pabu take his bath?!" He digressed from the singing topic.

You blush at the thought of Mako thinking you have a nice voice. You shake your head slightly, getting rid of the thoughts.

'Yah, all I have to do is dry him off." You respond with a nervous chuckle, avoiding the question. Bolin made your heart rush. "I have to go. Gotta buy a pouch and. Some. Uh... groceries for. Me." You struggled to make up a lie.

Mako looked hurt and relieved at the same time while Bolin just looked hurt. "Well our match starts at seven, so be there or be sqaure. Get it? Because if you're not there you're not around. And round as if in a cirlce!" Bolin laughs and wipes away a humorus tear. I chuckle and dance on my toes.

"Here, to dry off Pabu." Mako chuckled at Bolin while handing me a white towel. Our fingers brush for only a second.

You quickly dry off Pabu and was about to go but you don't remember the way out.

Pabu, was a now a fluff ball and Mako busied himself combing down the fur. "I don't remember how I got here." You bit out, slightly embarrassed.

Bolin smiled. "Don't worry. I was just like that and got lost for almost a day or two when I first started." He wrapped his arm over your shoulder causally, your face pinkens.

"I really need to rush, lots to do." You laugh nervously. Your palms are sweaty and you attempt to wipe it off.