Prologue

I remember the first time it happened. Mom and I were in our one bedroom appartment, she had the radio playing and a song called In The Mood by Glenn Miller was playing in the background as we danced. She stood on her knees and held my tiny arms. She'd lift her knees side to side as I lifted my feet, we swayed together as I admire her beautiful face: full of life and soft like porcelain. The music continued but mom stopped and stood up from her knees. There was a knock at the front door.

"Stay here and be quiet." Mom whispered to me as she led me inside our bedroom closet, "It will be over soon."

My six year old body shaking from nervousness. She closed the closet door leaving a crack that the bedroom light would shine in my eyes. I stood standing there; quiet.

Peeping through the crack I saw my mother walk in the bedroom with a man. He was muscular, quite young, and had a suit. Mom held out her hand and led him to the bed. She then took off her robe revealing her nude body to the stranger. I startled from her, I've never seen her without clothes.

I gasped as I took a step back. The man looked over to the closet, "What was that?" he asked as he sat up from the bed.

I covered my mouth trying to quiet down my heavy breathing. I didn't speak, I looked over at my mom as she sat on the man's lap, her knees on the bed, "It's nothing..." She said as she pushed his hair back. "C'mon." She whispered in his ear.

Then they began to kiss, my mothers hands touching the strangers cheeks, her light brown hair dangling as she removed the mans clothes. I closed my eyes shut, afraid to see what was going to happen next.

I covered my ears, unsure of what I was listening too, I took a step back away from the door until I felt my back against the other end of the closet. I slid down in the dark small space my knees against my chest and my eyes shut.

Suddenly the noises were gone, I can here my mom and the stranger talking, "The boy." He said. "I want the boy."

My heart began to pound harder than it ever did in my life. So hard that I felt like it were going to pop out my chest. The closet door opened, revealing my mother on the othet side. "Ashton, baby." She spoke softly. "There's someone I want you to meet." Knowing that her only son will do anything to keep his mother happy, she held out her hand to me, and I took it.