Chapter 4

“Why are you here El? Does Harry know you are here? I think you should go home and leave Harry alone,” Allie hissed at me. I looked at her shocked. Who starts a fight at a party you are a guest at? “Okay. I can go home but I can’t make any promises about leaving Harry alone,” I spat back rolling my eyes and turning on my heel to go back home. She grabbed my wrist and whipped me around so I was facing her. “You don’t want to make enemies with me your first week of school El,” she told me tightening her grip on me. “I think I did when I walked into the classroom,” I snapped back leaving her fuming.

                I sent my mom a message telling her I was going home and to tell Anne I said ‘hi and that is was a lovely party’. I made my way out of the Styles’ home the way I came in. As I was leaving the party I got looks from people on their way to being wasted and from people who just stared curiously at me. I got distracted fiddling with my phone when I ran into someone in the front yard. “I am so sorry,” I said getting up from the ground. “No, no it’s my fault,” the person responded with a laugh.

                I looked at the person and to my surprise it was Harry. “Harry, we really need to stop this. Someone is going to get hurt before we even properly can hang out!” I told him laughing. “Here’s my number. Call me if you want to do something in case one of us gets a concussion from this,” I said laughing even harder now handing him a piece of paper with my number on it. He blushed and took it. “Speaking of hanging out, my friends are having a party later tonight if you want to come. You can meet some people and get to know they lay of the land.”

                “I would love to. Pick me up at 8,” I said leaving to go back to my house. “Wait! Why are you leaving?” he asked grabbing my hand and pulling me back. “Allie got a little defensive and I don’t want to have a scene my first social gathering here,” I replied jokingly. His face immediately hardened and his whole body tensed up. “Are you okay?” I asked putting my hands on his shoulders and running then down his arms. He relaxed slightly. “Umm yeah. I’ll take care of Allie.” “It’s fine. I have had my fair share of girl hate,” I told him rolling my eyes at his protective side.  He looked up at me with puppy dog eyes and took my hand in his.

                “I’ll see you at 8. Can’t wait.” “Hey that rhymes,” I giggled making him crack a smile. With that he kissed my cheek again. His lips lingered longer than usual making me blush. “Now let me go Styles. Go have fun at your party. See you at 8!” I said pushing him towards his house. He smiled and turned to go back to the party.

                I pulled out my phone and checked the time. 7:00 on the dot. “Plenty of time” I thought to myself as I entered my house. I walked to the kitchen and got the nutella and pretzels out. I sat myself on the couch and turned on the television. I was still getting used to shows or programmes here and I still had to find one that I absolutely loved. Finally Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging came on and I could relax and watch the movie in peace.

                The sound of the doorbell ringing snapped me back to reality and I set down my nutella to answer it. Standing in the doorway was Harry looking rather hot. He had on dark jeans, a white v-neck, and converse. “Shit,” I mumbled to myself. “Give me a minute!” I yelled taking off up the stairs to change my outfit. I quickly threw on a pair of cutoffs and a white crop top. Bouncing down the stairs I grabbed my black converse and held on to Harry to try and balance as I put them on.

                “Ahh,” I shrieked falling over. Harry grabbed onto hips and pulled me into him. With my shoes on I looked up at him. His face was centimeters from mine and I could feel him breathing. “Hi,” he whispered looking at me. “Hi,” I responded as he moved closer. My breath hitched in the back of my throat as his lips came dangerously close to mine.

                “Guys! Let’s go! All the good stuff is going to be gone by the time we get there because of y-o-u,” a girl’s voice rang out from outside. His body immediately left mine and we both blushed. Beth walked through the door and just looked at us both standing their awkwardly. “Okay. You both are weird,” she stated grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door towards the street. “The party is right down the street so we don’t have to worry about driving! Get ready to party like a Brit El!”

                I glanced back at Harry who had his hands in his pockets and was looking down. It looked like he was mumbling something to Jack and he seemed annoyed. Jack nudged his shoulder and Harry looked up meeting my eyes. We both smiled and my cheeks flushed to a deep shade of red.

                Beth noticed I wasn’t listening to her and she hit my arm. “What is up with you tonight?” she asked raising her eyebrows at me. “Nothing,” I giggled turning back and running towards the party. Walking into the party I was definitely surprised. I had been to my fair share of parties in the States and those were nothing compared to this. The smell of alcohol radiated throughout the house and the bass was booming. People were everywhere and doing everything. Beth and Jack arrived minutes later with Harry bringing up the end.

“Are you sure you can handle this?” Beth asked taking my hand and pulling me to the kitchen filled with beer and liquor. “Let’s do this,” I laughed grabbing the drink from her hand and taking a sip. Tonight was going to be fun. I could feel it.