Chapter Seven

Now this is where things get crazy. Man, I had a fun time writing this story. Hope you enjoy the chapter.   :)

After talking with Vanellope last night, Ralph went back to Fix-It Felix Jr to get some rest. He might as well spend time in his game since it won't be around anymore soon. It's around ten in the morning and Ralph's still sound asleep in his cozy Ralph-sized house Felix helped him build.

Because the arcade's closed, numerous arcade characters are visiting games or just hanging out with friends in Game Central Station.

The Nicelanders are still in Fix-It Felix Jr, still not knowing that the game will be gone soon, and Tamora took Felix out of his game this morning for a pleasant stroll without a specific destination. She recommends to Felix that a walk will clear his mind.

The couple are seated on a smooth copper bench in Game Central Station. It's not the best place to relax because of all the commotion and bustling going on around them, but it works.

"Hey, Hammer Time!" Vanellope greets from several yards away. She glitches through a crowd of people to get to Felix and Tamora. "Having a good time together this morning I suppose?" she beams. She's holding two big plastic containers in her arms, but Tamora and Felix can't see what's inside.

"Yep," Felix answers. "And it's even better because you showed up. What brings you here?"

Vanellope pops open the top container's lid and pulls out a vanilla cupcake with blue icing. She then flashes Felix a big grin while exclaiming, "Ta-dah!"

"Aw, what's this for?" Felix asks as Vanellope hands him the cupcake she made.

"I heard about your game and I thought this would sweeten things up a bit," Vanellope answers while snapping the lid back on the container. Felix pastes a warm smile on his face and he pats Vanellope on the head with his free hand.

"Well it did sweeten my day. Thank you."

Vanellope smiles, too, and after a moment she says, "Well, I can't stay long. I still got to give Ralph, the Nicelanders, and the bonus level characters these cupca--"

Vanellope's cut off when an alarm goes off. She turns to see where the sound is coming from and her mouth drops. Over on the other side of Game Central Station, Fix-It Felix Jr's socket has bright red words flashing above it on a screen,

Attention: DO NOT ENTER.

"Oh my land..." Felix whispers. Vanellope looks at him puzzled. Felix sets down the cupcake on the bench, jumps out of his seat, and sprints as fast as he can to his game. He has to jump over people in his path to get past them.

"What is he doing?!" Tamora exclaims. She gets up and starts running towards the flashing socket, too. "Felix!" she calls while sprinting. "Don't you dare go in there!"

"Ralph and the Nicelanders are in there! I have to help them!" he calls back and keeps running.

"RALPH?!!?" Vanellope screams. She drops the containers and the lids pop open, causing the cupcakes to splatter all over the floor. Vanellope glitches her way to the socket and past Tamora.

"Not you, too!!" Tamora yells. She shoves people out of her way and dodges crowds. Once Vanellope's a clear target, Tamora picks up speed, dives to the floor, and yanks Vanellope by her hood, causing the little girl to gag.

"Let me go!" Vanellope shouts while thrashing around in Tamora's tight grip. She tries to glitch away, but Tamora keeps a firm hold on her hoodie. "I have to help Ralph!!"

Tamora ignores the screaming girl. Instead she has her attention focused on Felix, whose getting closer and closer to his game. There's no way she can catch him now.

"Someone stop him!" Tamora shouts over Vanellope's mix of sobs and screams. Luckily, Kohut, one of Tamora's top soldiers, is somewhat close by and he heard Tamora's command. He steps into Felix's path and Felix collides right into his leg. He immediately gets back up, but Kohut picks him up by the back of his tool belt so he can't escape.

"Put me down, Kohut!" Felix yells.

"It's too late, little man. Look," Kohut says sympathetically. He points to Fix-It Felix Jr's socket. Felix looks to where Kohut is pointing and his heart sinks. The plug is already being pulled out and it only takes a few seconds for it to be fully removed from its socket. Replacing the area where the plug was is white god rays shining down on Kohut and Felix.

Kohut finally sets Felix down and Tamora lets go of Vanellope. As soon as Tamora releases her, Vanellope rushes up to the empty socket and stares at it with teary eyes.

"Ralph..." she whispers. That's all she can say before a huge lump forms in her throat.

Sad. That's all I have to say. Actually, no. What do you think so far?