Chapter Two

Good morning, and welcome to chapter two! Well, it was morning when I posted this. You could be reading this in the evening or the afternoon. Who knows? I don't. Enjoy this chapter.  :)

"Hi, Stink Brain!" Vanellope calls out and waves wildly at Ralph, who was just entering Sugar Rush.

"What?" Ralph calls back from the rainbow ramp. He's so high up and Vanellope's all the way down on the ground. From Ralph's elevation, she looks like she's the size of an ant.

"What?!" Vanellope yells from below.

"What?!"

"One second!" Vanellope starts up her multi-colored candy-coated kart she's sitting in and she races up the ramp. It only takes her a few seconds to reach Ralph. She parks her kart right beside the wrecker and beams up at him.

"You were saying?" Vanellope says. Ralph rubs the back of his neck.

"I don't know," he answers. "Hi."

"Hi," the glitch replies. She pats the chocolate-covered wafer on the back of her kart. "Wanna go for a ride?"

"Sure," Ralph seats himself on the back of Vanellope's kart. As soon as he's settled, Vanellope slams her foot on the gas pedal and her car takes off. The wind smacks against Ralph and Vanellope's faces as they zoom down the ramp and pick up speed. Ralph makes sure to keep a tight grip on the kart, otherwise he would go flying.

Vanellope races around Sugar Rush for a while and soon comes to a hault. She parks the candy car by her castle and Ralph gets off.

"I'm so glad you came to visit," Vanellope says as she pushes open the doors to the castle. "I haven't seen you in forever!" The two friends enter the thrown room as the loly pop doors close behind them.

"I was just talking to ya this morning," Ralph points out.

"Yeah, but it was a long day," Vanellope smiles and glitches onto her throne. Ralph pulls up a chair from the side of the huge, empty room. The chair's a little too small for his size, but at least it doesn't break when he sits down.

"My game got hundreds of quarters this week," Vanellope brags. She props her feet up on her white marshmellow kart attatched to her throne and leans back with her arms behind her head. "How many coins did you and Felix get?"

"Like four-maybe five-" Ralph answers casually.

"What?!" Vanellope springs up in her seat, her eyes wide. She points at him and laughs. "Man! You're a big loser, aren't you?"

"Hey, it's not my fault nobody plays our game anymore."

"I thought ever since the gameless guys joined your bonus level, your game went retro," Vanellope rests her head on her hand.

"Yeah-well, that was like five years ago. I'm pretty sure by now it got old to all the gamers," Ralph shrugs. Vanellope hops off her throne.

"Well, ya better attract gamers somehow or you know what?" Vanellope says.

"What?"

"The handyman guy will come," Vanellope says in a spooky voice. She slowly walks over to Ralph and continues to sound spooky. "And he will place his icy cold fingers on your game's plug. Then, he will begin to slowly pull out the plug from the socket, and guess what."

"What?" Ralph groans.

"You die!" Vanellope pounces on Ralph's chest and grips his flannel shirt. Ralph pretends to die dramatically for the little girl's pleasure and to emphasize his performance, he falls out of the chair and lays on his back on the floor- 'dead'. Vanellope's still clinging to his chest and she laughs with him. After the laughter dies down, Ralph sits up and Vanellope falls into his lap.

"But seriously, I don't want your plug to be pulled," Vanellope tells him."Because you're my bestest friend, and I love ya!"

"My game will be fine. Don't worry," Ralph says as he sets Vanellope in front of him after he stands up.

"Promise?" Vanellope asks. Ralph pauses, but then answers.

"I promise."

Ooh~! Ralph made a promise with the adorable winner! Will he keep it? Or was it a lie? Oh-ho, man! You'll find out later in the story, I PROMISE.  ;P