Chapter Nineteen

Okay, so this chapter takes place in the human world with Mr. Litwak and a guy named John because that's the only name I came up with at the time when I wrote this. I don't know the name of the guy in Wreck-It Ralph who was going to unplug Fix-It Felix Jr, so I just made up a totally different character: John.  

"I appreciate this, John," Mr.Litwak says.

"No problem," John replies. He just got done loading Fix-It Felix Jr onto the dolly. "You give me a call if any other games are giving you trouble," he jokes.

"Like I always do," Litwak chuckles. He walks over to the propped-up dolly and he pats the game console. "This game was actually one of my favorites. It was made in 1982, and I played 1980 arcade games all the time when I closed up the arcade. Sadly, you can't find games like this one anymore nowadays."

"Eh, all good things come to an end," John says. "I played games like this one growing up. But, ya know, that was thirty-some years ago."

Mr.Litwak scratches the back of his head. "Well," he begins, "thanks again for stopping by."

"Any time," John replies. "Let's get this old thing outta here." John lays one hand on the dolly's red bar and his other hand holds onto Fix-It Felix Jr so it stays steady. With a little bit of effort, John lifts up the dolly so only its wheels are touching the ground. As soon as the game console lifts up off the ground and is now slanted at an angle, the sound of coins sliding across the floor in the console can be heard. John begins to scoot the dolly along the carpet, but Mr.Litwak stops him.

"Hold on a second," Litwak says. John lowers the console to the ground and the coins inside it jingle and clink together again. Mr.Litwak pulls a key-which is attatched to a wire-off of his belt. Then he crouches down and unlocks a little door at the front of Fix-It Felix Jr. As soon as he opens the door, he can't believe his eyes. "What in the world..." he mutters.

"What?" John says. Mr.Litwak reaches into the console and he pulls out a huge handful of quarters. "Wow."

"They got this much money in just two days?" Litwak asks himself in disbelief.

"Who's 'they'?" John asks.

"I don't know. Ralph and Felix."

"Who's Ralph and Felix?"

"Uh, Ralph's the guy who wrecks the building in this game, and Felix Jr is the good guy who fixes the building."

"Oh, cool."

Mr.Litwak locks the little door before he stands up. He places his hands on his hips. It takes him a moment to make his final decision.

"You know what?" He starts. John listens as Mr.Litwak continues, "I'm gonna give this game another chance. If it's still making money all of a sudden, there's no reason for me to get rid of it."

"Okay, that's fine," John grins. He rolls the dolly back over to where Fix-It Felix Jr was placed before it got unplugged. Litwak helps John get the game console back on the ground. Then, Mr. Litwak kneels down by the nearby power strip. He picks up Fix-It Felix Jr's plug and he wedges it back into an outlet. In an instant, the screen flashes on and the words 'Fix-It Felix Jr' pop up on the screen. Underneath the title of the game are the words, 'Insert coin'.

Mr.Litwak stands back up and he says, "Sorry you came here for no reason."

"No, no, it's perfectly fine. I had nothing else to do," John responds. "Give me a call sometime, okay?"

"Got it," Mr.Litwak replies. John picks up the dolly and he wheels it out the door. When John is out of sight, Litwak grabs his light jacket off the prize counter and he heads for the door. He pushes the door to the arcade open, but before he leaves he turns around and faces Fix-It Felix Jr. The screen is still flashing 'insert coin' above the title.

He has no idea how or why the game got so many quarters all of a sudden after barely being touched for months. But, why does it matter? He's getting money from the game again. That's all he's really focusing on now. Mr.Litwak hopes the game will keep receiving money. He would actually hate to take it out of the arcade. Fix-It Felix Jr is probably the oldest game he has at his arcade. It actually reminds him of when he first opened the arcade.

"You guys better make some money now," he says as he points to the console. "You owe me." With that said Mr.Litwak steps outside and the door shuts behind him.

The game is saved.

I could end the story right here, but my own questions would be unanswered. So, one more chapter to go!