Chapter 15

Thank you guys for all of your support, please continue it!!!! Enjoy the chapter, and I'm sorry that it's bad, I've just been out of it for a long time lately. Sorry, but please continue to read, vote, and comment!!!- booksaremybliss

Feyre

Was I dead?

Was our child dead?

I did not know.

I could not feel my body.

I could not feel anything.

All I remembered was the pain ripping through my body as blood poured out of me.

Pain, that rippled from-from

My shoulder.

My shoulder, thank the Mother, not from my stomach.

I felt no pain now.

But I did feel the weight of my child in me.

Enough to know that it had survived, that I had not suffered a miscarriage.

Thank the Cauldron.

I was silently crying in relief, in the hidden darkness that my mind seemed to be entrapped in.

I was still unconscious then.

Was I still in the forest, bleeding out, my mate still looking for me?

I had heard his roar for me, had caught a tiny glimpse of his power engulfing the horrid creature.

That damned beast.

But where had it leash led to?

I did not know at all, and I was so tired, so damned tired by what happened.

All I felt was the presence of Death, awaiting my arrival, or awaiting its utter dismissal.

I prayed for the latter.

A voice rand out through my mind, a rasping voice that I recognized.

"Feyre," Mor said, "Feyre you have to wake up, please." Her voice breathtakingly broke on the last voice.

"You have to wake up, please Feyre." She begged, and I felt her grab my hand. "Please fight it, fight it, you must rise, you have to."

I wanted to call out to her, wanted to call out and tell her that I was trying to, that I would.

But anytime I opened my mouth, anytime I tried to speak, my consciousness would shatter for a moment, and I couldn't do anything except stay in the darkness.

I felt darkness overcome me again, and I could do nothing as I burned away from the outside world, the ashes that were left only ones of my mind.

~

Rhysand

There was no moment in my long, long life when I had felt that mind-numbing silence.

Not even when I saw Cassian barely alive during the war, not when I saw that Feyre had disappeared.

Not even when I had died.

But while I was holding my dying mate in my arms, there was only a bitter and cold numbness spreading throughout my mind.

I was full of nothing, my thoughts were all on the High Lady bleeding in our court, the blood still seeping from her shoulder.

The chance that our child had not made it.

"Get a healer," I had rasped, and Mor immediately disappeared, while Cassian and Azriel had looked at Feyre for a moment.