Chapter 9

We got back to New York the night. The journey was way more fun seeing that Syl and I had sex on the plane.
Damn, he was so good.
He followed me upstairs to my apartment with my suitcase. I opened the door and he went in, placing my suitcase in the living room. I closed the door then he pulled me into a kiss until we tumbled over on the couch. We started laughing in between smooches. We couldn't control ourselves.
"When am I gonna see you again?" I asked.
"This weekend.. Maybe," he said unsure.
"Maybe?" I mocked.
"I have to go to Washington tomorrow to get some things done but I promise I'm all yours as soon as I get back," he replied kissing me on my forehead.
"Alright," I blushed.
I got up so he could leave then I locked the door and went straight to bed. I loved spending time with Syl and I started to cherish every moment. He was extremely fun to be around and I could not wait to see him again. Things were getting pretty serious for us and I was loving it.

I got to work the next day, happier than a camel on a Wednesday. I was chirpy as fuck. There really was a big difference in your life after getting laid. It feels like the world has been lifted off my shoulders. Misty kept asking what was I so happy about. "Nothing" I kept saying.
Nosey bitch.
In the afternoon, Syl sent me a floral arrangement with orchids along with a little card. It had his neat handwriting and it read:

Can't wait to see you again babe.
Love,
Syl.

Of course, Misty kept snooping around to see who it was from but I had already tossed the card in my bag.

I got home early that evening because there wasn't much to do at work today. I parked my car then headed up to my apartment. To my surprise, there was a drunk man sitting at my door. He looked as if he was dead but his hands twitched a little.
False alarm; he passed out.
I cautiously approached him to look at him then surprisingly, the man at my door turned out to be Chuck.
"Chuck," I said.
He barely moved.
"Chuck!" I shouted, this time right in his ear.
He jumped up, "Damn. No need to shout, Aria," he said weakly.
"What do you want?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest.
"You. I want you," he breathed.
I looked at him scornfully then pushed pass him and unlocked my door with the key.
"Don't you want me back? I know you do," he groaned.
"Fuck no! Why are you here? Go back to your wife," I shouted.
"She's not my wife.. Wives don't fuck other men. Sh-she's been fucking someone else.." he sobbed.
My stomach turned, disgusted by the sight of him.
"Well Chuck.. Fiancés don't fuck their ex-girlfriends. You did that. I guess karma is real bitch right?" I smiled at him.
Chucked sighed, "You still hate me for that? Oh c'mon Aria. I'm here now. We can start all over again."
I paused.
"No, I don't hate you. Anymore at least. I realized the more time I spent hating you, the less I could see how many good people are still left out there. And you cant just jump from one woman to the next when you're not happy. Go work it out with her," I replied, "And to be honest Chuck, I just don't wish to associate myself with you. Now, pick your sorry drunk ass up and move the fuck away from my door and don't come back here."
I slammed the door in his face feeling so relieved.
That was the first time I ever spoke to Chuck about how I felt after the whole cheating incident. And even though he probably wont remember all of it tomorrow, he will surely remember me slamming the door in his face. I was so proud of myself.

As one door shuts (literally), another one will open.

Now I was looking forward to new beginnings... with Syl.